AA Going External

Why should anyone give a rats ass about any company interviews.

You apply, you maybe get an interview, you may or may not get hired. Who cares. Do you think your chances are better doing it one way verse another. You resume and experienece should speak for itself. If you are an idiot, chances are you will be weeded out. If you rise to the top, it will be noticed.

And Big, none of us at this level asked for this. There are many people here who work at both US and AA. Don't take your frustrations out here on us. Try to be positive.

Why should anyone give a rats ass about any company interviews.

You apply, you maybe get an interview, you may or may not get hired. Who cares. Do you think your chances are better doing it one way verse another. You resume and experienece should speak for itself. If you are an idiot, chances are you will be weeded out. If you rise to the top, it will be noticed.

Well said. I knew we'd agree on something eventually. :D

So what makes one better then the other?

Squirrel, where you hired by either US or AA?

US they went over the resumes and just didnt invite everyone in that applied.

When I interviewed with US they hired all internal. When I interviewed with AA the process and attitude turned me off so I didnt even try. That was also when they interviewed and then a few weeks later filed for Bankruptcy. No I dont work for either now. Did get a call 8 months later from someone in US to see if I was still interested. But I had just started at a new company and didnt want to shaft them by leaving so soon.

Since 2008 US hired 3 times. Early 2012, mid 2012 and then the beginning of this year. All included externals. At least accordinging to the Combined Seniority list the union provided to us. BigFellor or bruins fan can confirm that.

And you had a chance to get hired by a company that would eventually pay you six figures and you didn't even try for a few hours?

Since 2008 US hired 3 times. Early 2012, mid 2012 and then the beginning of this year. All included externals. At least accordinging to the Combined Seniority list the union provided to us. BigFellor or bruins fan can confirm that.

This was in 2011. Im not trying to paint AA in a bad way all I am saying is I didn't like their interview process. As far as trying I went to the interview and they failed their side of the interview process with me. Believe it or not but money isnt the first thing I look for in a company. If I was going to move to Dallas I would prefer to work the other airline there.

Squirrel, I'm truly not trying to attack you personally, but I know the dispatcher and manager that does the hiring. I think they do a good job and I respect their decisions in hiring. I have trained and relieved many of the people they hired and although a couple may slip through the cracks, they have a very good record. The people hired in right after BK now work for the largest airline in the world. They think they made the right choice and I'm sure you made the right choice for yourself.

You can paint AA anyway you want. You can imply Southwest is a better company, and they probably are. That's fine. But I will stand up for my friends and coworkers everyday.

Yeah I thought the same thing about the pay. Not willing to go back to the regional pay even if there is a fuel bonus, which is questionable at best. However good luck to whoever applies and gets in.

Made the bonus 4 years running. Not very questionable. First year of actual pay averaging 45-50k. Second year 60k.

For every person who can't afford to take the pay cut, there are 10 who realize that they can't afford not to.

Good luck to you too.

I do want to say good luck to all that apply. Please dont take my opinion as a negative it was just my view point.

Back