AA Cockpit Card

Scrap ACARS paper, takes notes as applicable.
We get 3 copies (1 CA, 1 FO and 1 we sign) of the first page of the flight plan, which is super handy, as basically everything other than the EFOT/MA is on there. I scribble the ZFW/ZFWCG and TOCG on there and away we go--your one-stop shop.

Pilot G2's, FTW!
Never had a better pen. We have a bag of these in the crockpot and they’ve worked from -40F to 110F!

7B59B27A-6BCD-4898-8EBC-B3FB400AB315.jpeg

I've never liked gel pens much. They don't write on everything like a regular pen, and they smear way too easily.

What a Captain. And the union defended him. Captains authority should not extend to include one’s OCD. Normal people print the ATIS out, and if no printer, write it on a piece of paper.
I’ve gotten to the point to where I don’t print out the Atis anymore. I just look it up on the iPad, which means it’s always the current one as well. The only thing I print out is the clearance.

Yep, so I keep getting told!

More like a Todd type defended that. I don’t see our shop defending a person like this. Either look in your iPad, look in the MCDU, or print it out.

Granted, that was the days before an iPad and no printer. So look in MCDU. Or if you want, write it on a paper. Who the heck writes on a napkin in the flight deck? If a CA did asks that, get a female sanitary napkin from the lavatory and write it on that.

Last edited:
What a Captain. And the union defended him. Captains authority should not extend to include one’s OCD. Normal people print the ATIS out, and if no printer, write it on a piece of paper.

More like a Todd type defended that. I don’t see our shop defending a person like this. Either look in your iPad, look in the MCDU, or print it out.

Granted, that was the days before an iPad and no printer. So look in MCDU. Or if you want, write it on a paper. Who the heck writes on a napkin in the flight deck? If a CA did asks that, get a female sanitary napkin from the lavatory and write it on that.

I give @SlumTodd_Millionaire enough sh-t about it, lol.

So I won't get into that with him again here. But that wasn't about someone's OCD. That was an insecure, weak person in power, pulling his dick out and brandishing his insecurity in the cockpit as a bullhorn of power in the form of captain authority.

Do y'all not know about the Everyday Carry weirdos that have converged on taking a Zebra F-701 and replacing the clicker with one from an F-402 and using a G2 or Space Pen refill instead? Seems like it would be p nice.

("weirdos" because every video about how to mod a pen seems to start off with a still life of a handgun)

Back