AA Cockpit Card

What's a TOLD card?
Here’s an outdated version of ours for reference. They’re printed double-sided on heavy card stock:

A9737D25-44B7-4386-BB70-01757FF53C45.jpeg

That’s the hardest part of the pandemic for me, most hotels aren’t putting them in rooms.

I don’t have a card, but I do write a lot on the notepad. Pretty much anything I might need quickly and don’t feel like thumbing through a 40 page release for. Flight number, min fuel, engine failure procedure, reminders for any weird O items on an MEL.

This!

I can't find pens and pads in any hotel since the pandemic took hold. I'm down to 2 hotel pens, after this I may actually have to buy a pen as an airline pilot. :aghast:

I don't think I have ever grabbed hotel pens for my flightbag. But I am picky about my pens.

The greatest (affordable) pen is the Zebra F-701. All stainless. (The other Zebra F models have that rubber that eventually wears off it's spot) Looks good in the shirt pocket. Writes very well and is refillable. (although I usually end up just buying a new one to replace one of my two I carry with me every 8 months or so)

I keep hotel pens, etc. in the pocket of my brightline bag for when someone needs to 'borrow' a pen. (or to pop holes in a water bottle cap to spray the dead bugs off the windscreen of the Bus)

I always swiped hotel pens because it never fails, to this day, that I leave the pen behind on every aircraft swap or last leg of the day. Ended up caving and just buying a pack of cheap pens and throwing them in the flight bag.

The greatest (affordable) pen is the Zebra F-701. All stainless. (The other Zebra F models have that rubber that eventually wears off it's spot) Looks good in the shirt pocket. Writes very well and is refillable. (although I usually end up just buying a new one to replace one of my two I carry with me every 8 months or so)

I keep hotel pens, etc. in the pocket of my brightline bag for when someone needs to 'borrow' a pen. (or to pop holes in a water bottle cap to spray the dead bugs off the windscreen of the Bus)
I have seen that one. I usually get the gel ones because they don't freeze. That comes from my Alaska days and filling out logbooks when it was below zero.

I’ve grown fond of the pilot Frixion pens. They’re erasable so when I screw up, nobody knows.

That’s the hardest part of the pandemic for me, most hotels aren’t putting them in rooms.

I don’t have a card, but I do write a lot on the notepad. Pretty much anything I might need quickly and don’t feel like thumbing through a 40 page release for. Flight number, min fuel, engine failure procedure, reminders for any weird O items on an MEL.

Just wait until your captain forbids you to use notepad paper, and then orders you to write all that on napkins. Right @SlumTodd_Millionaire

:D

Back