AA-1427 737-8 MAX High speed RTO @ SVD

Looked more like training than a real abort. No?

Stopped in runway instead of clearing at a taxiway.
Our captains brief is “Prior to V1 it is my decision the reject. I will bring the aircraft to a stop on the runway, set the parking brake, advise ‘Flight Attendants-Stations’ and call for ECAM actions and/or the evacuation checklist as necessary.” Textbook.

Last edited:
Pratt got it down with dual cooling. Fly a bus.
Dual cooling _and_ start 2 first, then shut the cross-bleed while you crank 1. Though far less useful now that we’ve got dual cooling.

Yes, we have a procedure for that, and low cabin temperatures make for low cabin tempers, this time of year, IYKWIM.

Dual cooling _and_ start 2 first, then shut the cross-bleed while you crank 1. Though far less useful now that we’ve got dual cooling.

Yes, we have a procedure for that, and low cabin temperatures make for low cabin tempers, this time of year, IYKWIM.

It's an Airbus standard procedure. You are right though, now that they've worked most of the bugs out of dual cooling, it's hardly ever needed. The first 6 months though, dual cool would fail more often than it worked.

It's an Airbus standard procedure. You are right though, now that they've worked most of the bugs out of dual cooling, it's hardly ever needed. The first 6 months though, dual cool would fail more often than it worked.
_ENG_ DUAL COOLING NOT AVAIL

But…but…but I waited and was patient and everything :)

It's not a Bus thing, it's a Pratt thing. We don't have dual cooling on our LEAP engines.

So here's a general ignorance question, segued into NEO motors . . With the (optional) procedure to start 2 first then cross bleed, does that procedure reverse what most of my colleagues may know for their 'standard air-start procedure', also.. just known as.. "crank at the gate because a Pack probably got MEL'd"..

Been a hot topic of discussion regarding the 220 motors compared to Bus NEOs we'll soon be seeing in BOS. I love listening to debating ground crew...

So here's a general ignorance question, segued into NEO motors . . With the (optional) procedure to start 2 first then cross bleed, does that procedure reverse what most of my colleagues may know for their 'standard air-start procedure', also.. just known as.. "crank at the gate because a Pack probably got MEL'd"..
Ah, I’m afraid I wasn’t clear. It’s start two, close the cross-bleed to allow the #2 engine bleed to run the #2 pack, then start engine 1 off of the APU bleed all while you pump cool air into the cabin. “Isolate and ventilate,” if you prefer to think of it, though I have done a cross-bleed start on a Neo.

What is all this starting nonsense? I mean we just hit start, sip some coffee and then hit start again while enjoying the Nice AC…

All this cross bleed stuff sounds complicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is this sorcery called bleed air for start ? Real pilots risk metacarpals and phalanges during start.

1623208583626.png

Back