A320 - 1 emb175 - 0

MusketeerMan

Happened to one of our birds yesterday in DCA. Airbus was pushed back and sideways into our tail.

Nothin' a little speed tape and an MEL sticker won't fix!

Attachments

• apu.jpg
    apu.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 321
  • apubend.jpg
    apubend.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 243
  • ribdamage.jpg
    ribdamage.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 252
  • sideveiw.jpg
    sideveiw.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 274
  • apuexhust.jpg
    apuexhust.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 221
Ouch:panic:

I cant wait to see the EMB-190 when it shows up here in Anchorage. Hopefully I can fit in the belly:D

Ouch:panic:

I cant wait to see the EMB-190 when it shows up here in Anchorage. Hopefully I can fit in the belly:D

Are you less than 5 foot?

I'm a little dude, and it wasn't an easy fit.

The APU muffler wouldn't be too bad of a fix, but that stab skin will take a bit of work.

You'd think after the first crunch they would have realized that they screwed something up....but I guess not.

I'm thinking there are a few rampers out of work today. You mean that wing walkers texting or on their cell phones while planes are pushing isn't protocol?? Hmm..

I'm thinking there are a few rampers out of work today. You mean that wing walkers texting or on their cell phones while planes are pushing isn't protocol?? Hmm..

I like the ones that use their iPods as "hearing protection" on the ramp. Ironically it's normally the mainline ground crews that are marshalling me in while either looking at the ground, the sky, the hot girl in the terminal window, etc. The IAH crew didn't know what to do when I just stopped the plane coming into the gate yesterday. Marshaller was talking to the gate agent in the jetbridge and not even looking in my direction while waving me in.

I like the ones that use their iPods as "hearing protection" on the ramp. Ironically it's normally the mainline ground crews that are marshalling me in while either looking at the ground, the sky, the hot girl in the terminal window, etc. The IAH crew didn't know what to do when I just stopped the plane coming into the gate yesterday. Marshaller was talking to the gate agent in the jetbridge and not even looking in my direction while waving me in.

It's really bad on the Airways side of things...especially in PHL and DCA. CLT is pretty good, but it's amazing how the wing walkers will stand there with the wand in the air and be looking down or with their back to the plane talking or texting. Yesterday should be a pretty expensive "mistake" for Airways...maybe they'll have them pay just a tad more attention.

Well, since that block time was lost by the mainline crew affecting their retirements, I guess us youngin's will just work 'till we're 70.

You know, paying it forward and what not. :crazy:

For the dense: :sarcasm:

It's really bad on the Airways side of things...especially in PHL and DCA. CLT is pretty good, but it's amazing how the wing walkers will stand there with the wand in the air and be looking down or with their back to the plane talking or texting. Yesterday should be a pretty expensive "mistake" for Airways...maybe they'll have them pay just a tad more attention.
At my operation we are not allowed to use personal cell phones while on duty. One person got fired for always using her cell phone when she shouldnt have been.:)

Hahaha, this reminds me of the tug that hit the Northwest Airlink (I think that was the airline...).

If you mean the Comair tug, that was a Pinnacle plane in DTW.

Aspilot2be said:
At my operation we are not allowed to use personal cell phones while on duty. One person got fired for always using her cell phone when she shouldnt have been.

I think it's every airline's policy, actually. It's just hardly ever enforced since ramp managers might actually have to leave an office to see it happening. I was shocked to see a ramp manager walking around on the ramp on Easter making sure things worked smoothly. Must be another round of cuts coming at the mid-management level again.

In all my days, I don't think this marshalling episode will be topped. I've seen about all of it on the ramp, but this is king.

We were flying for UAX out of IAD in the G-gates right after ACA and UAL split. They hired the absolute best help they could for $6/hr in the DC metro area, and it showed. However, I can't fault this guy for trying.

It was int'l rush hour, and I'm number last. We push back, going to IAH, so I'm loaded with people, bags and gas. Long line so I want to single engine taxi.

We're disconnected, I've got #1 spinning. I give the marshaller the taxi light flash. He stands there with the big red X.

I flash him again. He holds the X and shakes it (you've all seen it when you're about 500' from the top of the T). We look around, no planes or equipment to be seen. We call ramp, no one inbound, outbound or behind us.

I flash him again. He starts pointing at the jet and dancing like he's been standing on a mound of fire ants.

I open my DV window and summon him over.

I yell down "Why can't I go?"

"Captain, you didn't start #2"

"I know", I yell, "I have gauges that tell me that!! I still want to taxi out!!"

He finally gives me the salute, and off I go....

Priceless.

If the plane was parked at the world with the rest of the express birds it'd probably never have happen.... :) Although stairs would be a pain to bring out there with all the other junk.

I think it's every airline's policy, actually. It's just hardly ever enforced since ramp managers might actually have to leave an office to see it happening. I was shocked to see a ramp manager walking around on the ramp on Easter making sure things worked smoothly. Must be another round of cuts coming at the mid-management level again.
Interesting. My manager seems to frequent the ramp quite often. Of course our entire operation hinges on one airlines contract. So he wants to make sure things go smoothly.

Good on you for stopping.... I really hate it when they do that.... OR.... when they indicate that you should be going straight while in a turn but get angry when you follow their directions.... Ground crews that don't care= FAIL.

Back