a summer break from cargo

bluelake

Just when I thought I would avoid the summer Western US heat by flying freight evenings and early AM's, I got asked to fly fire air attack (incident command flavor .. NOT dropping the pink stuff)!!!

Has anyone here flown contract for the USFS or BLM?? I am doing my paperwork now and getting trained in an Aero Commander.

I think this a great opportunity for you. Always good to broaden your horizons and do something different. Honestly, if there was a way I could do it, I'd love to learn air attack and get back into the AC500. I've got 400 or so hours in them. Please keep us informed on how things go.

As for your question, I have no idea. You might try Flightinfo.com. There was a guy over there who has flown air attack and tankers but I can't remember his screen name.

They have a pretty good search function as I found quite a bit more negative stuff on PanAm academy over there....hehe.

The guys screen name is Avbug. I did a search under Air Tanker and it took me about 30 sec's to find his screen name.

thanks. I have seen AvBug's posts there... I got .7 in the AC-500 so far and at a glance seems like a really fun airplane to be in.

BTW - we have had a UPS 727 sitting at Mather Gateway the past few days... out of the ordinary.

Hey good chance you'll have a few days based at the BLM tanker base in KCDC. Shoot me an PM fill ya in on the local area. Who owns the Commanders? I know a guy that has a couple of them he uses for the BLM and Forest Service. Turbine or Piston Commander?

Im really jealous

Back