2 month summer flying job in Central Oregon, Cessna 182, USFS contract

DE727UPS

This is out of Prineville, OR just for the months of July and Aug, week on, week off. Should be about $4000/mo plus $59/day per diem plus $40/flight hour plus travel expenses. Accommodations provided in an RV and car provided. This is flying around the mountains of central Oregon with an observer looking for fires. Very nice and well maintained Cessna 182 with a 430 and P.Ponk engine mod. Nearest airline served airport to Prineville is 30 minutes away in Redmond, OR. MUST meet the mins below per USFS contract. The low level mountainous terrain min can be met by having flown from airports in designated mountainous areas. See chart in the AIM Chapter 5-6-15. The 12 month make and model min can be met during training.

Pay factors are $34.35 per duty hour for 8 hours a day plus time and a half after that. This is for standby. Flight pay is $40/hr. Travel could be airline or mileage for driving.

Could be a cool short term gig if you're between jobs or looking for a short retirement job. The company is Butler Aircraft. PM me to more info and I can have the director of operations give you a call.

All airplanes Flying hours:
Pilot-in-command total 1200
Pilot-in-command, as follows:
Category and class to be flown 200
Fixed wing – preceding 12-months 100
Cross Country 500
Operations in low level mountainous terrain 200
Night 100
Instrument – in flight 50
Instrument – actual/simulated 75
Make & Model to be flown 25
Make & Model - preceding 12 months 10

...almost tempting to burn vacation weeks at the primary job to spend half the summer low and slow in Oregon.

I just reached out to the DO to get the latest. He might have July covered but need help in Aug. But he's still looking for someone.

Last edited:
Back