A New Rule???

So where are the Maxim and FHM pictures???
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tenney, I assume that with the children/pic inappropriate comment, you're referring to the cigar Ripper is chomping on.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I was referring to the sexy woman on your avatar. I actually like the picture of Jack D. Ripper, since Strangelove is a great movie
smile.gif
But can you shrink it down a bit? It's kind of large.

Not that the girl is distasteful, on the contrary she is attractive and in an adult forum I would see no problem. But you now see we have 8 year olds and their mothers in here (Dans Mom, etc.) Hence the picture is inappropriate for those folks. Since my 2 1/2 year old is now reading over my shoulder, I am becoming quite sensitive to content on the internet.

If I'm too sensitive I apologize. I did not know about that option to block avatars and signatures. It seems a shame that I would have to block all the cool avatars and signatures just for one or two, but I will if you all decide that the present content level is acceptable. I will not fight the majority here.

By the way I don't like Maxim or other such trash mags. They are just PG-13 (or R) versions of Penthouse, Playboy, etc. A huge waste of money and energy if you ask me. I'd like to hear from the female members of the forum as to their opinions of exploitation mags like Maxim.

MikeD - here is a half size picture that I worked on in Photoshop. I think the quality is still there:
smcigar.jpg

Mike D, i dont think lain really meant to attack your pic, i like it honestly, i think he was probably bringing up the topic because i had asked him to insert a user name pic for me and a signature pic as well, the sig pic was of a flight crew on the 777, why i have some cartoon with his mouth open on my damn username, i dont know, and cant wait until he takes the stupid [expletive deleted] off. just thought that could be the reason for the poll, i could be wrong.

Clipper

Ya know, you can take it off yourself.

My Home -> Personal information, email, password, etc. Edit -> Upload your picture (180x180 max pixels, may be smaller) (.gif, .jpg, .png accepted)

and delete it and / or add your own.

I respect MikeD. But I'm going to pick a slight bone here.

He stated "however because I'm not that kind of person, I'd be willing to meet halfway in order to not spoil someone else's enjoyment of the forum due to technical aspects."

If you're that kind of person, then why don't you follow through and delete or resize the pic? You suggested you would. Now what's keeping you? Just curious, no hard feelings
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
No I was referring to the sexy woman on your avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

What sexy woman? Am I blind? I don't see any sexy woman, what the hell! I want to see the sexy woman too. Fix it Ian! Fix it! I'm not getting images of sexy women! I WANT MY D@MN PICS OF SEXY WOMEN! Do something quick!

ya gotta save it to your computer, then click browse, and submit or something like that. (I shouldn't be giving computer advice....but give that a try).

MikeD - I think you took it way too personally. Yes I have dail up like many other users here, and it does increase upload times when quite a few people are sporting avatars as well as signature pictures. To me it just seems pointless and a waste of time to have have the same picture at the bottom of every post, as well as an avatar - this goes for everyone who does it not just you. The reason for the poll was to find out if I was the only one who felt that way or if it was just an Iainism. I liked the picture of the girl with big boobs, you can't complain about that!!

Wow....sensitive to content on the internet.....I really do have a problem with that. Tenney, I have a 7-year old daughter. She is really easily influenced by things in the media - TV, the internet, radio.....if she sees it, it sticks in her head. And that has the potential to be a problem.

The thing is, I'm an adult, and she's a child. I'm an ADULT, and I control what she hears, reads, surfs.....etc. That's my domain. I would never, ever challenge the media so that I could be relieved of my God-given parental responsibility. I enjoy being a parent, and I actually like the challenge of being able to slowly, carefully introduce her to the real world. It's called parenting, and I think it's becoming more work these days than alot of people want to have to deal with.

And, as far as the trashy magazines....I personally love them. And if I want it, I buy it (or hang out in any really, really good quality FBO long enough....
laugh.gif
). If I don't, I don't buy it. If women don't like it, well they shouldn't read it either....just my thoughts on that.....

mtsu I agree with you on several points.

I am responsible for screening information for my family.

However (and I think the Doug family agrees with me) we have certain responsibilities with a public forum. If we knowingly allow adult material on a forum with children, then we are not assuming responsibility.

Aside: I do not expect the media to act responsibly. That would be a miracle!

Tenney,

Since you went out of your way to reduce the size of my General Ripper image using photoshop (which I admittedly, don't know how to use) and it still looks very nice, I incorporated it into my signature block so those with dial up hopefully won't have any problems.

Appreciate your work, and nice to meet halfway (like I said I would Cointyro).
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tenney,

Since you went out of your way to reduce the size of my General Ripper image using photoshop (which I admittedly, don't know how to use) and it still looks very nice, I incorporated it into my signature block so those with dial up hopefully won't have any problems.

Appreciate your work, and nice to meet halfway (like I said I would Cointyro).
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike I'm glad you like it! I know a bit about photoshop and would be glad to offer tips. I mostly paint race cars with it but hey, those things get complicated
smile.gif

You can see some of the cars at www.tntsrl.org

I love the picture. I did a theme essay on Dr. Strangelove back in school and I used Jack D. Ripper as a focal point. Notice that Kubrick never has a camera pointing straight at him, always from some cockeyed angle. I think he was trying to tell us he was a little off his rocker. I could never drink Vodka and distilled water LOL!

Glad to meet you half way Mike.

[ QUOTE ]

Aside: I do not expect the media to act responsibly. That would be a miracle!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the most accurate thing I've heard anybody say all day!!!!

And, remember, nobody should ever take anything I say personally....I'm pretty much always playing devil's advocate, and nothing excites me as much as a good debate!!! I think if we all actually met up sometime, we could close the any adult "social gathering establishment" down many nights in a row!!!!

Where in the H#ll did MikeD picture of the woman go. That was the only reason I came to this site since my mom blocked all of the good stuff on my computer."No I won't unblock it you'll look at...at naked girls"
HELLLLOOOO any one home Mcfly
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
And, remember, nobody should ever take anything I say personally....I'm pretty much always playing devil's advocate, and nothing excites me as much as a good debate!!! I think if we all actually met up sometime, we could close the any adult "social gathering establishment" down many nights in a row!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I look forward to that!

Hey are you in New Orleans?

[ QUOTE ]
Where in the H#ll did MikeD picture of the woman go. That was the only reason I came to this site since my mom blocked all of the good stuff on my computer."No I won't unblock it you'll look at...at naked girls"

[/ QUOTE ]

You know if you look at naughty pictures you will never make it to the celestial kingdom. I mean, who wants to be stuck in the telestial kingdom with all us non-mormons...
tongue.gif

Back