A little help for a new guy

I told you guys I would have alot of questions.

How hard is this pre-employment test?

Okay...I could handle a few questions, but seriously. There are two (!) sticky threads at the top of the page dealing directly with this.

Sigh...I know there are a lot of threads with a lot of posts to read and it is time consuming, but we all were new to this at one point and took the time to read it. I know you said you weren't able to find the answers to your questions with the search button, but I assure you, they're here. If you read it in the threads it really makes you feel more informed and you get a better concept of what is going on. If you're serious about this career, get to researching.

Before I read here, I bought the green book and read it cover to cover. It didn't say much so I read at ATC Monitor. They have the same information, just less of it. I have to say I literally read the WHOLE thing. Every post. There is actually some info that is not here, like how to get your foot in the door at the facility you want, and the best places to find housing in OKC.

Anyway, I came here after I had read all there was to read there. I'm not trying to bust chops, just that it's a good plan to get interested.

I agree, there should be more time invested in researching this career, and I have been doing alot of research, but I don't think I was looking in the right places, so that's why I came here with a flood of questions. I have gained some very valuable information from this forum.

Hoooooraaayyyy for all the CTI graduates, there seems to be a job posting for a ATC (trainee).

...Seniority is 4/30/85.

I was sorting through some paperwork and the above came to mind when I found this:

My FFA seniority date WAS 9/25/77

NATCA seniority date WAS 2/17/78

I stopped using the first in 1997 and would have had to stop using the second in three more weeks, had I not made my exit in 2003.

Damn, but it's been a nice six years!

(Not trying to rub it in Jon or OG... your time is coming soon. I'll buy after the first 5,001!)

Back