A Heavy Loss for Our Community, a Heavier Loss for USMCMech and Family

May cherished memories of days gone-by assuage your grief in this moment. Walk into a different future with confidence because she helped make you the man you are, different now than you were because she touched you, for a time.

May your heart recall always the joy of her love.

My deepest condolence to you, and all who loved her.

Charlie and I are so sorry for your loss. May the memories of such strong love give you some comfort.

Very sorry for your loss.

My uncle is a minister and at times like these he uses this poem at the eulogy

The Dash
by Linda Ellis
I read of a man who stood to speak
At the funeral of a friend
He referred to the dates on her tombstone
From the beginning to the end
He noted that first came her date of her birth
And spoke the following date with tears,
But he said what mattered most of all
Was the dash between those years
For that dash represents all the time
That she spent alive on earth.
And now only those who loved her
Know what that little line is worth.
For it matters not how much we own;
The cars, the house, the cash,
What matters is how we live and love
And how we spend our dash.
So think about this long and hard.
Are there things you’d like to change?
For you never know how much time is left,
That can still be rearranged.
If we could just slow down enough
To consider what’s true and real
And always try to understand
The way other people feel.
And be less quick to anger,
And show appreciation more
And love the people in our lives
Like we’ve never loved before.
If we treat each other with respect,
And more often wear a smile
Remembering that this special dash
Might only last a little while.
So, when your eulogy is being read
With your life’s actions to rehash
Would you be proud of the things they say
About how you spent your dash?

I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of support from my "imaginary internet friends". I saw this post when @Derg put it up, but haven't had time to reply.

Our kids are doing as well as can be expected and I am so busy that I hardly have time to sit down, much less process the surreal turn my life has taken.

Right now my focus is taking care of the kids and trying to maintain some sense of normalcy for them. After the funeral, school starts in two weeks, so I have to get them ready for that.

As far as the more distant future, I have heard the advice to avoid making any big decisions while in the early stages of grief and I will be doing exactly that.

I have made the initial funeral arrangements. There will be a visitation on Friday evening from 6-8 at Lucas Funeral Home, 1601 S Main St, Keller, TX 76248 The memorial service will be on Saturday at 11:00 at our church Fellowship of the Parks main Keller campus, 9900 N Beach St, Keller, TX 76244

Scott Beadle, @USMCmech , has lost his wife in a tragic event in the Grand Canyon National Park.

Story: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...-woman-believed-found-grand-canyon/536281001/

I still remember flying DFW to SEA during my mad dog days and, while deplaning, a person introduced himself as USMCMech from the forums and introduced himself. It was great to meet someone who I had been interacting with online for years. A moment later, his pregnant wife joking says, "Oh, you're Scott's imaginary internet friend!"

The community always comes together when one of us experiences a tragic loss like this so I set up a "GoFundMe" page for The Beadle Family. 100% of anything you give will go to the Beadle Family in their time of crisis. I will cover all fees.

Please give in order to show support during these dark times for Scott and his family.

To all, and especially @USMCmech, thank you for being a member of the Jetcareers family.

Keep us posted if you need anything. I know we haven't met, but the JC community is tightly knit.

I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of support from my "imaginary internet friends". I saw this post when @Derg put it up, but haven't had time to reply.

Our kids are doing as well as can be expected and I am so busy that I hardly have time to sit down, much less process the surreal turn my life has taken.

Right now my focus is taking care of the kids and trying to maintain some sense of normalcy for them. After the funeral, school starts in two weeks, so I have to get them ready for that.

As far as the more distant future, I have heard the advice to avoid making any big decisions while in the early stages of grief and I will be doing exactly that.

I have made the initial funeral arrangements. There will be a visitation on Friday evening from 6-8 at Lucas Funeral Home, 1601 S Main St, Keller, TX 76248 The memorial service will be on Saturday at 11:00 at our church Fellowship of the Parks main Keller campus, 9900 N Beach St, Keller, TX 76244

Whatever you need that we can do for you, consider it done.

Anything.

Thanks for checking in.

Scott,

We've never met, but please let me extend my condolences to you and your family, and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

I am extremely sorry for your family's loss, Scott. I can't imagine what you are going through as a father. If there is anything I can personally do to help, please don't hesitate.

Back