A call form crew scheduling...

ftyflyboy

Got a call that went to VM tonight from crew scheduling. They asked if I would like to pickup some flying tomorrow. Mind you I have almost 80 guys beneath me in base. Our company also has 70 guys on the street.

Needless to say, I didn't call them back

Got a call that went to VM tonight from crew scheduling. They asked if I would like to pickup some flying tomorrow. Mind you I have almost 80 guys beneath me in base. Our company also has 70 guys on the street.

Tell them they can cancel the effin' displacement bid too.

They asked if I would like to pickup some flying tomorrow. Mind you I have almost 80 guys beneath me in base.
Disregarding the furlough issue for a moment, why wouldn't scheduling offer the senior guys extra flying before the junior guys? Seems if they're going to offer the ability to make a little extra scratch the senior guys should have that opportunity first.

Disregarding the furlough issue for a moment, why wouldn't scheduling offer the senior guys extra flying before the junior guys? Seems if they're going to offer the ability to make a little extra scratch the senior guys should have that opportunity first.
Usually when it is next day it is first come first serve.

Our company also has 70 guys on the street.

Thank you! :)

That sounds like the same company that offered a limited amount of LTLOAs and then furloughed after denying a plethora of LTLOAs.

Hell a quick look at the N3D and it looks like we have ton of guys picking up OT at only 120%.

Gonzo said:
Hell a quick look at the N3D and it looks like we have ton of guys picking up OT at only 120%.

Can you see what seniority level is picking it up? Is it the young ones or more senior pilots?

That is BS, and if they call you at home ( no one on the street) always fire back with 100% more than they are offering. I know of guys that got 300-400% when we were continuously offering 200%. If they need your help so bad they will pay. We even had a CDO line that was actually legal rest so people would have scheduling split it into 2 duty periods and pay at 200%, 16 hours for 2 legs isnt bad. All that goes out the window with furloughs though. Tell them to call those guys to pick it up.

Can you see what seniority level is picking it up? Is it the young ones or more senior pilots?
I'm pretty sure the nuts over at Eagle Lounge have determined it's "those ALPA guys" already.
That is BS, and if they call you at home ( no one on the street) always fire back with 100% more than they are offering. I know of guys that got 300-400% when we were continuously offering 200%. If they need your help so bad they will pay. We even had a CDO line that was actually legal rest so people would have scheduling split it into 2 duty periods and pay at 200%, 16 hours for 2 legs isnt bad. All that goes out the window with furloughs though. Tell them to call those guys to pick it up.
If they are calling you at home, DON'T ANSWER. ;)

You don't fly extra no matter for how much if you got guys on the street

Educate me on this, please. It seems to me that occasional extra flights- even if they average one a day- are not going to be enough to cause dozens of furloughed pilots to be rehired (and, of course, retrained). Why would it work that way?

Educate me on this, please. It seems to me that occasional extra flights- even if they average one a day- are not going to be enough to cause dozens of furloughed pilots to be rehired (and, of course, retrained). Why would it work that way?

It's a matter of principle.

Oh E..........

You're just not a team player! ;)

Back