A Big Thank You!

TIL I need to visit Juneau.

Forget mountains and stuff, I want to drive that car.

Ha. I've also got my winter wheels and tires enroute. ^.^ They should be here Monday-ish. 17" Sparco Terras and Blizzaks.

Yeah, Juneau.

But seriously, come the heck up! I'll buy you a beer, we can drive all the road in town. Not in that order...

-Fox

Ha. I've also got my winter wheels and tires enroute. ^.^ They should be here Monday-ish. 17" Sparco Terras and Blizzaks.

Yeah, Juneau.

But seriously, come the heck up! I'll buy you a beer, we can drive all the road in town. Not in that order...

-Fox

I was telling my wife the other day that if I hadn't met her I'd probably be living in my parents house so that I can afford a fleet of awesome cars.

Did they let you test drive one before you committed? I was reading that because they're not exactly common some places weren't allowing that.

I was telling my wife the other day that if I hadn't met her I'd probably be living in my parents house so that I can afford a fleet of awesome cars.

Did they let you test drive one before you committed? I was reading that because they're not exactly common some places weren't allowing that.

I ordered it, so not exactly. They did offer for me to test-drive a 2015 STI a few months ago, though they wanted to do a credit check first. I was actually thinking I would get a WRX at the time, so I didn't do it ... but I've driven WRXen before, and I know that I like/want that.

Of course.. I'm ashamed to admit that now that I'm getting an STI I almost signed up for the 3-day dirtfish course when they had the 20% discount... and I was looking at buying a registered rally car.

But my tech job ran out of budget for me, so I had to resign yesterday... which means now I'm a full-time pilot.

Only.

Whoops!

I'm gonna have to liquidate a bunch of stuff just to pay for the STI, long-term... but that's ok. ;9 I'm keeping the STI.

Priorities, right?

-Fox
[Current vehicles]
2015 STI // wr blue *
2011 Silverado 2500HD // white *
2007 RX8 // red *
2007 Honda CBR1000RR // red/black *
2005 Honda ST1300 // maroon/asphalt (wrecked) †
1999 Honda CBR600F4 // red/black †
[Former vehicles]
1999 Kawasaki Ninja 250 // black/green x
1992 Kawasaki EX500 // black/pink §
1990 Kawasaki ZX750F // black/red §
1989 Kawasaki EX500 // racebike §
1985 RX-7 GSL-SE // road-camo mazda-paint mottled silver §
1968 Ford Mustang fastback // blue §

* - Runs
† - "Runs", eg. on cinderblocks
x - destroyed
§ - sold
(... yeah, I'm from the south. Sigh.)

Of course.. I'm ashamed to admit that now that I'm getting an STI I almost signed up for the 3-day dirtfish course when they had the 20% discount... and I was looking at buying a registered rally car.

Do it!

Even if it isn't the 3 day course, get down there when you can. So much fun. They seem to have discounts all the time.

My eventual goal when I'm no longer a broke regional FO (no seriously, stop laughing) is to get a new WRX (STI?) for my daily driver and slowly turn my bug eye into a rally car.

Do it!

Even if it isn't the 3 day course, get down there when you can. So much fun. They seem to have discounts all the time.

My eventual goal when I'm no longer a broke regional FO (no seriously, stop laughing) is to get a new WRX (STI?) for my daily driver and slowly turn my bug eye into a rally car.

I would do it in a heartbeat, if I wasn't now only on a pilot's salary.

As it is, I'll have to see what I can do.

-Fox

Back