$995 Multi Special

I'm hoping the sim sessions will cure all that ails me...I just have to swallow my ego!
Thats what I was looking at also. Good sim and good instructor would really help me too.

Is this where you are going to do yours?
If it is, You know Ima need a gouge! :beer:

Thats what I was looking at also. Good sim and good instructor would really help me too.

Is this where you are going to do yours?
If it is, You know Ima need a gouge! :beer:
Yeah, I'm going to start this weekend and knock it out ASAP. I'll take good notes.

Is this (the ATP) guaranteed? You know, if you don't do alot of instrument flying but passed the written and need to get it done before the written runs out kind of deal........AGAIN!! ;) :D

No Guarantees in life unfortunately. If you are not instrument proficient, this is not a proficiency course. It is checkride prep. You get one day, 4 hours in the airplane, and as much other goodies (Sim and Ground) as we can fit in.

No Guarantees in life unfortunately. If you are not instrument proficient, this is not a proficiency course. It is checkride prep. You get one day, 4 hours in the airplane, and as much other goodies (Sim and Ground) as we can fit in.

Thanks

Good luck esa!

That may be one difference between you guys and the other guys. They advertise guaranteed ratings, whereas, you don't. Either way 4 hours in a newish Seminole for 1k is a good deal.

That may be one difference between you guys and the other guys. They advertise guaranteed ratings, whereas, you don't. Either way 4 hours in a newish Seminole for 1k is a good deal.

I was referring to the notion that someone will automatically pass a checkride if they pay $1k. I might have misunderstood sorry.

Most of the Seminoles on the GKY ramp are 2008 models.

When I was there the right engine caught on fire (carb fire) and the massive amounts of leaked oil all over the plane made for a nice size fireball. After we evacuated I ran and hid in the ditch like the manly man that I am. The instructor stood in front of the fuel tank. It was back up flying the very next day with some wires inside melted together. I passed.

If I can figure out how to get the pictures off my phone I will post them.

I damn near busted a gut laughing at this.

The instructors who are at ATP in GKY are grizzled veterans and pumping out passing checkrides by now, I wouldn't worry too much about failing unless you're a total cabbage head.

Got my written out of the way today and tomorrow I start memorizing the ATP manuals.

God that written sucked.

Ok guys, the results are in and I am officially an ATP rated pilot.

The gouge is this; listen to the instructors. You will fly the route as practiced with few surprises. Truthfully my surprises were all self induced. The oral was basically aircraft specific and as brief as practicable. The examiner I had was an old bird who was very straight forward. He laid things out as he wanted to see them and then asked if I had any questions. After a very intense 1.6 hour flight that included four approaches, one hold, unusual attitudes, a few VFR maneuvers, and a no flap landing you are done.

All in all I got 5.6 in the actual airplane and nearly 8 hours in the sim learning flows and brushing up on procedures.

I was worried I would have an issue with my logbooks since I only have a spreadsheet now. My originals were stolen in April when my home was robbed. My worry was for naught. It was all such a painless and thorough I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone. The instructors are great, the aircraft is great, and it's as straight up as you could ever hope.

Ok guys, the results are in and I am officially an ATP rated pilot.

The gouge is this; listen to the instructors. You will fly the route as practiced with few surprises. Truthfully my surprises were all self induced. The oral was basically aircraft specific and as brief as practicable. The examiner I had was an old bird who was very straight forward. He laid things out as he wanted to see them and then asked if I had any questions. After a very intense 1.6 hour flight that included four approaches, one hold, unusual attitudes, a few VFR maneuvers, and a no flap landing you are done.

All in all I got 5.6 in the actual airplane and nearly 8 hours in the sim learning flows and brushing up on procedures.

I was worried I would have an issue with my logbooks since I only have a spreadsheet now. My originals were stolen in April when my home was robbed. My worry was for naught. It was all such a painless and thorough I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone. The instructors are great, the aircraft is great, and it's as straight up as you could ever hope.

What location did you go to?, how was the written instruction, and exanm? congrants on the ATP cert, im looking next year to get my cert. there.

On any account, $1000 seems like a pretty good deal if it really is 10 hours of Seminole and instruction.
Previously, their multi addon program budgeted for 4.5 hours, including the checkride. Nobody's gonna give you 10 hrs multi for a grand.

I did my multi add-on in 10 hrs, including checkride, and while that was enough to get me "safe" in a twin, I wouldn't be so bold as to say I was "skilled" or even "proficient" at that point. In 4.5 hours, you're being trained to a specific examiner's checkride, nothing more.

Back