$995 Multi - Review

Wow... I cant believe this.. its some of the posts on here that keeps me from using these forums.

Clear this up for everyone... I did my Multi add on at GKY for $995. I was completely impressed with the facility and the regimented (sp?) way they go about their training. It's like drinking from a fire hose... so as stated be prepared before you show.

As far as the guys on here who claim you'll never get insured with 4-6 hours of multi time.. well guess what, insurance will keep you from getting insured from anything multi engine worth a damn with out a lot of time, in type in some cases. The way I justified it was this, I will just surround myself with good pilots who are willing to let me go along on trips to build some multi time and learn some valuable skills from more than just some MEI racking up time for his ATP. (Not that that is bad.)

Guess what.. I went through that program in January (18th I think) and since.. I have 60 hours in a CE550 with a 61.55 endorsement on the way, and about 20 hours in a conquest II. As well as time in various other planes (mostly our duchess here.)

Not all will be as lucky as I was.. but here's my point... go get the rating, and find someone that will take you with them on trips to put it to use in a real world environment.

Nothing beats quality time like quality time.

just my 2 cents.

Re: $995 me, atp, mei

I'm eager to enroll as well. So, question for you guys both N519AT and les - you had 0.0 ME time. How much single?

MFT1Air: I had ~2300 hours single. That did help me learn faster but it is still a relatively easy program/rating.

Back