$995 Multi - Review

GKY $995 Special (more info)

Agreed - ALL the staff at ATP (GKY) are awesome! Planes are great, instructors know the profiles, and the cost is the lowest anywhere.:clap:

If you prepare beforehand (read the Seminole Supplement), you'll have no problem. Most of my orals were between 9 and 22 minutes! Yep, they were short if you know the supplement. Flights were between 1.2 and 1.4.

From Dec 2009 to Jan 2010 I completed my (b/c of the special):

• ME Comm.
  • ME ATP
  • SE ATP
  • MEI
All were $995 (ONLY at GKY) except the ATP SEL which Jeremy made me a deal for 2 hours of training in the 172. DE fee - $400 per check ride.

Stay at Quality Inn for $50/night (tell 'em you're an ATP student). And if you fly in just buy your instructor lunch and they'll probably shuttle you to/from the hotel (2.1 miles).

Thank you N519AT and others for the intel. I did the $995 ATP course as a result of this thread. Robert was my instructor--very professional. Everything was done just as expected.

995 for 10 hours of multi?

I'm not one to say ATP is an amazing place or a bad place but it doesn't matter who you are that's a steal right there.

I did the ATP certificate (2-day) for $995 which included about 6 hours in the plane (including the checkride) and about an hour in the Frasca.

I can't speak for the 10-hour multi course because I don't know, but I seriously doubt it because they be losing money bigtime. You might get that much time if you include the sim. Examiner was another $400.

Look at their website, the $995 Multi special does not include 10 hours of flight time. The 10 hours of multi-time is a whole other program and it's at least 3 grand!

Ok, so going back to the $995 Multi engine rating.... You only get 4 hours of multi-time! What are you going to do with your rating now? Where are you going to be able to rent a twin with only 4 hours of multi-time under your belt? I just called up ATP in Dallas and asked them if I complete their special program, would I be able to rent their aircraft to build up my hours and they said no.

Look at their website, the $995 Multi special does not include 10 hours of flight time. The 10 hours of multi-time is a whole other program and it's at least 3 grand!

Ok, so going back to the $995 Multi engine rating.... You only get 4 hours of multi-time! What are you going to do with your rating now? Where are you going to be able to rent a twin with only 4 hours of multi-time under your belt? I just called up ATP in Dallas and asked them if I complete their special program, would I be able to rent their aircraft to build up my hours and they said no.

that's ridiculous!

$2795 for the 10 hour program. If you check the ATP website regularly, there are often discounted specials for specific dates.

, so going back to the $995 Multi engine rating.... You only get 4 hours of multi-time! What are you going to do with your rating now? Where are you going to be able to rent a twin with only 4 hours of multi-time under your belt? I just called up ATP in Dallas and asked them if I complete their special program, would I be able to rent their aircraft to build up my hours and they said no.

You'll end up with about 5.3 - 6.0 hours of total flight time including the checkride. So why not do it? Find another place, on the planet, that gets you multi time in a 2007-2008 Seminole for that price.

Most people getting Multi ratings either own a Twin themselves, are sharing one, or are getting the rating to further their professional careers. Because they are happy with the training, I have seen quite a few students return to do the 15 hour MEI.

You cannot rent a twin by yourself to build time. If there is a place in the U.S. that will let you do this, let me know. I know of a few but not many. Insurance is astronomical. You can build time in a Seminole with either an instructor or another student. If you go with another student, you would need 15 hours with an instructor to go through the same type of CRM training and knowledge review. At least that is the timebuilding program I have seen offered in the past.

I see this is your first post on Jetcareers so welcome aboard!

You could have 1000 hours of seminole time and ATP would not rent their airplanes to you. They don't rent their airplanes.

You are completely missing the point of the $995 program. My understanding of the program, and I did do my ATP with said program, is that it is not supposed to be an "initial" multi. I'm pretty sure you'd have your arse handed to you if you tried that actually.

You don't have to look hard to find out I'm no ATP fanboy but let me be frank: The $995 program is worth every red cent. I would implore you to either do more research or find some other way to promote your agenda.

$995 me, atp, mei

http://www.atpflightschool.com/specials/multi-engine-special-gky.html

Whatever your future intentions are, this is very inexpensive and the planes are new 2008 Seminoles. Take advantage of this!

BTW, I had 0.0 time ME and completed the 3-day course (~2 hours sim and 4 hours plane)...and it was for a ME commercial! This is one of the easier ratings so everyone should jump on this deal.

I went back the next month and completed a few more ratings with this deal. ATP sets up these programs very streamline so that your time there is very efficient and productive.

DO IT!

Re: $995 me, atp, mei

http://www.atpflightschool.com/specials/multi-engine-special-gky.html

Whatever your future intentions are, this is very inexpensive and the planes are new 2008 Seminoles. Take advantage of this!

BTW, I had 0.0 time ME and completed the 3-day course (~2 hours sim and 4 hours plane)...and it was for a ME commercial! This is one of the easier ratings so everyone should jump on this deal.

I went back the next month and completed a few more ratings with this deal. ATP sets up these programs very streamline so that your time there is very efficient and productive.

DO IT!

I'm eager to enroll as well. So, question for you guys both N519AT and les - you had 0.0 ME time. How much single?

From reading previous post it makes alot of sense to say that with only 4 hours of multi-engine time nobody will let you rent a multi, insurance wont allow it. I know that not all of their seminoles are 2008, what gurantees that you will be flying a 2008? Out of their 83 seminoles, how many of them are?

From reading previous post it makes alot of sense to say that with only 4 hours of multi-engine time nobody will let you rent a multi, insurance wont allow it. I know that not all of their seminoles are 2008, what gurantees that you will be flying a 2008? Out of their 83 seminoles, how many of them are?

It doesn't matter how old the airplanes are, it just matters if they are maintained above and beyond standards.

On the issue about multi time, nobody will let you fly their multi airplane either without a multi-engine add-on. Gotta start somewhere.

It doesn't matter how old the airplanes are, it just matters if they are maintained above and beyond standards.

On the issue about multi time, nobody will let you fly their multi airplane either without a multi-engine add-on. Gotta start somewhere.

what he meant was: you end the program with 4 hours of multi, but still nobody will let you rent their airplanes.

in other words, you got 4 hours of multi but you're right back where you started since no one will let you fly their planes.

what he meant was: you end the program with 4 hours of multi, but still nobody will let you rent their airplanes.

in other words, you got 4 hours of multi but you're right back where you started since no one will let you fly their planes.

It is still very rare for someone too let you rent their twin without a lot of total time and time in make and model.

The GKY fleet is generally 6 to 10 seminoles, of which at least 80% are 2008's. The rest would be '00/'01's. No '79's in Arlington. They all have dual 430's with HSI's as well. The majority of the time, all the training is done in a '08 as well as your checkride.

Back