787 on fire

That's not good. Ground them before lives are lost. Not saying this fire was caused by the same reason because no-one knows yet but Boeing never found a solution for the first fire and the 787 should never had been allowed to fly until a solution, not a fix was found.

Good luck to Boeing and to those flying the Dreamliner.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1373653613634.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The bigger question in my mind starts to become insurance. Who is going to continue to underwrite these things when Boeing can't stop them from catching on fire?

Just as it is premature to ascribe the responsibility for crashing a 777 to some guys from Asiana, it's premature to blame Boeing for this one. ;)

Take this for what it is worth, but I'd say this is a hold on BA.

I really liked it at $70-80, even with teething pains, but with a 35% run in the last six months, lowered defense spending and now I'm betting on a second grounding, I personally feel that all of those record 737max orders are baked into the stock.
Over the past five days, the stock is down about 2%.

After the first hiccup I thought "buying opportunity", second hiccup and I am waiting for the burp.

Ymmv

Gosh, this is awful news for Boeing. I was really hoping they had their issues sorted out after the first time. The way this whole 787 thing is turning out is definitely painful for a long time Boeing fan. I really hope they can get their stuff together....this second time...

I know Airbus has to be glad to see all of the issues that Boeing is currently having, so the A350 may get more orders. I know they don't wish harm on passengers by any means, but certainly they know this is working out to their advantage.

I can't imagine being on the Dreamliner electrical engineering team right now. Those folks can kiss their weekend goooooodbye.

Edited: Some of them will probably be kissing their JOBS goodbye before long. This is really, really bad.

Back