787 on fire

No expert but its probably safe to say that the batteries in a 787 have a slightly higher load than a battery in an ELT.

Please read the whole article. It states that investigators have traced the origin in this fire to the ELT batteries. My original quote references that same article that the ELT installed in 787s is also installed on over 6000 total commercial aircraft worldwide.

The only way this becomes a 787 issue is if the reason for ignition at the ELT is some sort of total electrical system issue that is specific to the 787. I believe everyone agrees that this fire is not the same type of fires that caused the groundings earlier this year.

Please read the whole article. It states that investigators have traced the origin in this fire to the ELT batteries. My original quote references that same article that the ELT installed in 787s is also installed on over 6000 total commercial aircraft worldwide.

The only way this becomes a 787 issue is if the reason for ignition at the ELT is some sort of total electrical system issue that is specific to the 787. I believe everyone agrees that this fire is not the same type of fires that caused the groundings earlier this year.

Unfortunately, the flying public, and probably many of those in the aviation industry, will probably miss that distinction.

Back