757 Interior Panels Break, scare Pax

f3argh.jpg

Damn I love the oatmeal.

Actually. I have to give credit where credit is due. We have sucked much less than we used to since the beginning of summer. It's like they started running this place like an airline, not a spreadsheet.

Meh, somewhat. People will reflect all the drama that you allow to take place. From the top of my head, I'd probably send the first officer back there to have a peek (following all security considerations of course), have him assess the situation and break out the "Coffee/PA Voice".

That is an American Airlines 757. Under no circumstances is the first officer (notice it's in lower case) to make a PA announcement. The Captain shall (American's 3 fAAvorite words) make a PA in that situation. first officers (still lower case) do not have enough experience and judgement to make a PA in those conditions. Don't worry, son, you'll be senior some day.

God, I've got to stop visiting the C&R forums.

Derg showed us:
whip_scorpion_west_indies_close_up-jpg.29157
but do they taste good after a dip in boiling water, and served with melted butter?

And to think, it used to be illegal to serve your servants lobster more than three times a week in Massachusetts. It was considered a trash fish.

Actually. I have to give credit where credit is due. We have sucked much less than we used to since the beginning of summer. It's like they started running this place like an airline, not a spreadsheet.
Oh pinnacle didn't know how to use spreadsheets, that why they went into BK. Don't tell legacy pinnacle guys that, they actually believed Trenery was a genius and was good friends with Anderson and would be spirited away to Delta just as soon as he engineered the BK. Why? Because Pinnacle guys believe everything they hear because people in the south aren't encouraged to read or think for themselves.

That is an American Airlines 757. Under no circumstances is the first officer (notice it's in lower case) to make a PA announcement. The Captain shall (American's 3 fAAvorite words) make a PA in that situation. first officers (still lower case) do not have enough experience and judgement to make a PA in those conditions. Don't worry, son, you'll be senior some day.

Those not in the know actually think you are joking

Sounds like a solid safety conscience culture rooted in CRM. Captains still doing all the starts?
I don't know what they do in the Boeings, in the Airbus it's business as usual like we've always done it.

Fortunately we're still in the Airways culture and those guys are very, very good with CRM. I'm actually really impressed with how easy going and open minded our CA's are on the East side. I haven't once seen a "I'm the CA this is how we do it" mentality, unlike the regionals, it was prevalent.

I got an earful about that a few days ago on the jumpseat from DTW>

It would be nice to have a "Crew Chief" of sorts onboard.

Reading the story (and not being distracted by the others on the page) the air return was more about the unknown source of the loud banging noise prior to the panel coming off. Probably a prudent decision. Yes it sucks, but once passengers start thinking your airline is "unsafe" or "reckless" you're pretty much hosed as a company.

I'm sure most of us on here have had flights where panels come off in flight and there are no air returns or diverts because of it.

AEEEEEIGH!

Just for that, how about this:

View attachment 29157

Yes, they're prevalent in the American Southwest! Coming to a dark garage NEEEEEAR YOUUUUUU! :)

Not a spider, that's a scorpion. Which for some reason I don't fear, Now these things have made me say NOPE for Australia. I present the Sydney Funnel Web Spider, quite deadly without anti-venom:

Atrax_robustus.jpg

Last edited:

What's the C&R forum?

Back