2017 Oshkosh Pictures

A

Adler

Year 28 for me, and easily one of the most boring years I can remember. The EAA seems to be focusing on transforming Oshkosh from a truly special place where you would see stuff fly that you wouldn't anywhere else in the world, into just another airshow -- huge but just a generic airshow. Back in the day anything newsworthy from that year showed up, Space Ship One, Blackbird flybys, Global Flyer, first public debut of the F22's...the list goes on. Now it's just the same stuff over and over and over, with a few cool things strategically placed towards the end of the week, the time when most airplane people have long since left and only the townies and @CFI A&P remain.

I don't think I've ever takes so few pictures. Luckily there were still good people, and plenty of coolers of beer.

Two B-29's, happening to be flying in the same direction at the same time.

Tons of B-25's, no mass formation.

Yup, I agree. Such a boring year.

A super cool and amazingly clean TA-4 in private hands. It flew in the show, the air boss kept him thousands of feet high and mostly out of site.

So clean

Jet EZ

The coolest thing at Oshkosh, never flew though. One of One.

Some toilets and fireworks

I feel like I take the same picture every year.

Highly anticipated Blue Angles making their first appearance at Oshkosh. Taxied into the mud on the way out, seen here turning around to taxi back in.

EZ's are cool. All the idiots that lay out their FOD chairs hours in advance are not.

Good stuff. I was up there yesterday and most of the transients were gone.

one vote for Adler's photos from
Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 8.30.15 AM.png

Year 28 for me, and easily one of the most boring years I can remember. The EAA seems to be focusing on transforming Oshkosh from a truly special place where you would see stuff fly that you wouldn't anywhere else in the world, into just another airshow -- huge but just a generic airshow. Back in the day anything newsworthy from that year showed up, Space Ship One, Blackbird flybys, Global Flyer, first public debut of the F22's...the list goes on. Now it's just the same stuff over and over and over, with a few cool things strategically placed towards the end of the week, the time when most airplane people have long since left and only the townies and @CFI A&P remain.

I don't think I've ever takes so few pictures. Luckily there were still good people, and plenty of coolers of beer.

Two B-29's, happening to be flying in the same direction at the same time.

Tons of B-25's, no mass formation.

Yup, I agree. Such a boring year.

A super cool and amazingly clean TA-4 in private hands. It flew in the show, the air boss kept him thousands of feet high and mostly out of site.

So clean

Jet EZ

The coolest thing at Oshkosh, never flew though. One of One.

Some toilets and fireworks

I feel like I take the same picture every year.

Highly anticipated Blue Angles making their first appearance at Oshkosh. Taxied into the mud on the way out, seen here turning around to taxi back in.

EZ's are cool. All the idiots that lay out their FOD chairs hours in advance are not.

That first one of the B-1 is retarded. What is the biggest size I can buy to download?

I dunno I sort of always wanted to go and actually did a few times but looking at the pics it's like whatever. I mean I guess it might be ok if you're into planes and stuff.

Back