2009 ATC Pay Bands / Locality Rates / Facility Levels

BoomerSooner77

I put this together as I just realized we didn't have it as a sticky and thought it'd be good to have the pay stuff in one post, especially for the new applicants who are asking about it. Some of the descriptions I borrowed from "Seven" from another site.

2009 ATC Pay Bands (Does not include Academy pay rate):

On the left side of the page is the Career Level column. This column represents your progression through the training program. It has been divided into five sections described below:

AG: Initial hire pay grade. This is the pay grade that all off-the-street (OTS) and Collegiate Training Initiative (CTI) students will be paid AFTER they graduate from the FAA Academy in Oklahoma City.

D1: This is the first pay raise. AFTER you have completed 25% of the training requirements at your duty facility, you will be promoted to this pay band. ARTCC controllers: this is after you are certified on 2-3 D-Sides in your area. Terminal controllers: Sorry...don't have an answer for you.

D2: This the second pay raise. AFTER you have completed 50% of the training requirements at your duty facility, you will be promoted to this pay band. ARTCC controllers: this is after you are certified on ALL D-Sides in your area.

D3: This is the third pay raise. AFTER you have completed 75% of the training requirements at your duty facility, you will be promoted to this pay band. ARTCC controllers: this is after you have completed radar school, and are certified on 2-3 radar positions.

CPC: This is the final pay raise you will receive when you have completed the training program.

Note: If you are an initial hire (all hiring sources) you will always be paid the minimum while in training.

At the top of the pay scale are nine columns numbered from 4 to 12. They represent the facility complexity level. Most ARTCCs are Level 10-12 facilities. When you receive an offer letter, it will disclose the facility level. Facility levels are shown in the gray chart below.

2009paybands-1.jpg

2009 Locality Rates:

You will receive a locality rate added to your base salary. To calculate total salary including locality... (PAY + (PAY * LOCALITY %)). To see pay bands with locality already included click here, open the link under "Air Traffic Specialized Pay Plan Tables" that is titled "Including Locality Pay".

If your location is not listed you will fall under "Rest of the US" in bold. Click here for definition of locality areas.

2009locality.jpg

Facility Levels

I know these might be blurry, but as much as I tried it wouldn't get any better, PhotoBucket wouldn't let me go any bigger.

facilitylevels.jpg

For more information, visit the My FAA site by clicking here.

Good Work!

*cha ching* Hopefully this gets better under the new administration. How nice it would be not to work under "default" working conditions.

Just wondering, why would my FOL not reflect this new scale? Class starts in February, but the salary is based on the old pay.

I also found this, it's more detail of the milestones you have to meet by your facility type to reach various levels of development to CPC.

devstages.jpg

What does the "CCF only" note indicate?

It's on that chart I just posted and I found reference to it on the FAA site that said Combined Control Facility, but apparently it's not a combined Tower/Tracon as that is listed seperately, so you got me on that one... could it be combined enroute?

It's on that chart I just posted and I found reference to it on the FAA site that said Combined Control Facility, but apparently it's not a combined Tower/Tracon as that is listed seperately, so you got me on that one... could it be combined enroute?

Perhaps they're referring to the Consolidated Control Facilities...i.e Honolulu, Guam, and Puerto Rico? Those locations are both Enroute/Terminal facilities. There would be many more positions to check out on, hence the option for a pay raise at D1.

The intention was not to point out that the information in this post is wrong, but to state the decrease in salary ATC members have had to endure.

Boomer, that last chart you posted is really interesting....

But I think I would get more outta it if I knew what FD meant

IE FD+33.33333% = mo money

damn, im just fulla questions and beers.

actualy, 5 beers and 1 question.

How old is that Level chart? Last I checked ZLA was a level 12 and this chart shows Level 11. Did it get downgraded?

I also have a level question. I couldn't read the gray chart posted very well so I also downloaded the chart from the imposed pay rules page. The gray chart shows the SoCal Tracon as a level 12 and the pdf from the site calls it level 9! So one must be outdated or just wrong. (hoping the one that says it's 9)

Now I am really confused...that chart at Stuck Mic says ZLA (and ZOA) is a lvl 11 too. Also it says that E10 is a lvl 8 and I thought it was lvl 9 as of the 2007 level chart that has been floating around for some time. Were there some downgrades? I looked for other threads pertaining to this but there doesn't look to be any chatter?!?!?

Back