2009 ATC Pay Bands / Locality Rates / Facility Levels

The Academy pay rate is approximately $17540/year before locality is added. This also does not include the per diem.

:yeahthat:

My TOL lists my salary at the academy as $21,574, which is $17,540 multiplied by 1.23, since I get a 23% COLA.

My TOL lists my salary at the academy as $21,574, which is $17,540 multiplied by 1.23, since I get a 23% COLA.

Just to clarify, not everyone receives a "COLA" per say. A Cost of Living Adjustment/Allowance is an extra benefit I believe controllers overseas and outside the 48 contiguous states are afforded (i.e.: Alaska, Hawaii, maybe even Guam and Puerto Rico). Since you are going to Anchorage TRACON, I believe you are entitled to a COLA. But what most controllers receive is known as a Locality Adjustment.

There are two distinct differences between a COLA and Locality Adjustment:

1. A COLA is not taxable income, whereas Locality is taxed.
2. A COLA does not factor into the High-3 calculation for your pension, whereas Locality does.

As with all rules, bear in mind that the new NATCA-FAA contract may change the "COLA" incentive to a locality in order to synchronize pension plans and predictions across the board. Time will tell.

2009 ATC Pay Bands / Locality Rates / Facility Levels = A joke.
Thanks Obama... I mean Forrey...Wait...
Vote Ruth Marlin for NATCA sake.

2009 ATC Pay Bands / Locality Rates / Facility Levels = A joke.
Thanks Obama... I mean Forrey...Wait...
Vote Ruth Marlin for NATCA sake.

OMG you are an idiot, 2009 pay went into effect under the Bush Administration under imposed work rules. And getting a new NATCA president will not change anything now since contract negotiations are already in binding arbitration.

It must be a full moon, the flamers are out in full force today.

beehive cant help it he is one of those old BITTER controllers that has been around for years............................................................................ no wait he has only been the FFA 6 or 7 months...............................now isnt that special :rotfl:

ra ra sis boom ba gooooooooooooo FFA

I'd be bitter too if I'd been working under imposed work rules for the last 3 years.

I'd like to see the pay band for OKC trainees and developmentals under the green book.

I'd be bitter too if I'd been working under imposed work rules for the last 3 years.

I'd like to see the pay band for OKC trainees and developmentals under the green book.

if i remember in 2003, a dev controller at ZAU with 2 radars was making as much as a new cpc today.we had contract tower controllers who had no radar time starting at $100,000 working the a-side.

It's been some months now since this question was asked. Does anyone now have a definite on what the "Note: CCF only" means towards the bottom of the pay band chart?

It's been some months now since this question was asked. Does anyone now have a definite on what the "Note: CCF only" means towards the bottom of the pay band chart?

I sure hope someone responds soon...otherwise I'll HAVE to create a new thread!

So is the CPC level the highest possible pay a controller will ever get (plus the locality rate) or is it possible to get a raise and some day make the $177,000 maximum?

So is the CPC level the highest possible pay a controller will every get (plus the locality rate) or is it possible to get a raise and some day make the $177,000 maximum?
Depends on how arbitration goes for the new contract that is going on right now.

I think that cap is for management positions.

$177,000 base salary is more than most thought they would make in their wildest dreams! With that being said, I heard that arbitration has gone quite well this year. This info came from a friend of a friend that's an air traffic controller. Anyone have specifics?

If anyone is looking for a career change and in their late 20s like I am, you should rest assured by the pay bands + locality rate. After completing the academy, we all should be over $40k with any decent locality rate, and over $50k within a few months of that.

How long does it usually take to move between the D1 - D3 grades and into CPC? Are we talking months or years?

It all depends on your facility. A lot of facilities are backed up as far as training goes, due to a shortage of trainers and a surplus of trainees.

At mine, I've been told to plan on taking 22-24 months to check out. Training time has nearly doubled from what it was a few years ago.

Back