200 knots below Class B and NY airspace

We only give them 250 in Germany. ORD is normal speed.
We've been instructed to climb flaps out in ORD since the departure has a speed restriction not just the FAR limit. Obviously ATC can waive SID speeds.

At my facility we’ve been briefed specifically that we do not have the authority to waive 250kts under 10k.

I work the majority of the Super/Heavy departures off LAX, and if a guy tells me he needs 260 out of 6000, I’m not gonna unable him. Like someone else said, we aren’t the sky police and 99.9999% of controllers don’t care about stuff like that. It’s the higher ups in the FAA that haven’t worked live traffic in 25 years that find rules and procedures to nitpick to make the operation harder on everybody actually doing it which sucks.
We don't need ATC relief in your example. It's provided for in the FARs.

We've been instructed to climb flaps out in ORD since the departure has a speed restriction not just the FAR limit. Obviously ATC can waive SID speeds.

We don't need ATC relief in your example. It's provided for in the FARs.
Yeah, plane won't do 250 when it's too heavy, then just do what you have to.

Lol you guys should see how fast we go between the islands in Hawaii
When I used to fly between Saint Kitts and Saint Martin we did about 325, although the computer may have slowed me if st. Martin's airspace had a 250 below 10 requirement. Can't remember. Was it that fast or were you doing supersonic speeds?

Just this week I got a “descend to 3000, maintain 250” under the Bravo in Chicago.

Just this week I got a “descend to 3000, maintain 250” under the Bravo in Chicago.
...... Some guys slow at 3k. Even in NYC airspace Ive sent it!

I should add its usually on downwind, doing what they normally do on small airports.

Last edited:
Back