200 knots below Class B and NY airspace

It’s funny to me what rules pilots are willing to break and what rules they will not break when they’re all in the same book. I’ve never met a pilot that followed 121.542. I’ve met one pilot, and only one, who followed 121.333. Every single pilot I’ve met follows (or attempts to follow) 91.117. I know it’s the normalization of deviance, but it’s just interesting how normal most of it has become.
And if your normalization is different from someone else’s, you’re either a dangerous cowboy or a loser.

Just a FAA employee advocating everyone just forget about this FAR because “New York”
Hey you should have seen when I said don't goto the published missed in JFK or any airport without clearance. Because you don't. Then I said we'll tower has an LOAwith center, said not true, and a tower controller said yes we do. Like idk man.

Just slow and tell them.

It’s funny to me what rules pilots are willing to break and what rules they will not break when they’re all in the same book. I’ve never met a pilot that followed 121.542. I’ve met one pilot, and only one, who followed 121.333. Every single pilot I’ve met follows (or attempts to follow) 91.117. I know it’s the normalization of deviance, but it’s just interesting how normal most of it has become.
Do you have a translation for those regs for us lazy, off duty pilots? :biggrin: I'm ASSuming one of them is the O2 reg...

A wise man told me you have to know the rules so you know what to say when you get caught breaking them.

A friend of mine says "Don't think of regulations as telling you what you can't do, think of what the FAA will let you do."

And if the G/S takes you below the B....
"Normally, the glide slope angle and altitude for a given runway"

Until it doesn't depending on pressure that day.

Wasn't there an enforcement action that kept occuring in LA about this? Something about mandatory crossing altitudes and coupled ILS approaches too?

Back