200 Furloughs for Republic/CVG and CRP close.

OK maybe I didnt make it clear. And perhaps this is where you and Jh are not following. I'm not saying you cant feel a way. Thus being educated in psychology and working in the inner city with situations such as crisis management and school counseling I understand things about feelings. However my advice was to try to look at positives of the situation. You are right, you can sit back and be negative all you want. However in the end doing such gets you no where. Its proven and many professionals in the mental heath world would tell us all the same. However if you look at the positives of the situation and those things in which we all can control, one tends to feel better about situations. And thus also feel as if they are taking control of the situation and rather are no longer the pawn in the situation. They have control and in the end we all have control over ourself. Clear as mud yet?

In the end I've hijacked this thread and did not mean to do so. So lets get it back on track. I appologize RAH guys for getting your thread off topic.

Ah, I think I understand, and your post clarified it greatly.

I made the best of both my furloughs, though making the best of it didn't mean it still wasn't a very difficult experience.

So, yes, enough of the hijack.............. back to your regularly scheduled thread.

I made the best of both my furloughs, though making the best of it didn't mean it still wasn't a very difficult experience.

Very true. That I cannot even imagine and or begin to say I understand, because I dont. :) Back on topic now.

I would also say this Dale, you got a month and a half notice. What do you need? No offense that's one month mroe then PSA guys got. That is pleanty of time for you all to find other options and figure out what you are going to do. Heck our guys/girls had to find out in two weeks what they were going to do. Half of them only had 4 days off during that time and had 4 DAYS to find new jobs and figure things out. Things suck right now. Yeah thats true. But give me a break man your company gave you all a decent notice. You should give them credit for that much at least. I only wish our pilots had 1 and a half months notice.

Meyers,

I'll keep try to keep this civil. So here goes.

How old are you? Seriously. Because your posts resemble something of a Junior in High school. Why don't you give me a break and put down the ipod and backpack. You are the perfect of example of why I hate Regional pilots.

First of all, I could have been given 6 months notice of a furlough and guess what? It still sucks. I've spent just as much time and money into this career as the next guy. As well as God knows how many hours, days, nights, weeks and months away from my family and my wife getting to where I am today. You could give me a years notice and I'd still be cranky about it.

Second of all, I love working for Republic. I'm sure its not the best place to work, but considering where I've been, its pretty damn good. I enjoy my job, I enjoy the people I work with and I honestly really do not want to leave anytime in the near future. I was just starting to have fun with the Flight Attendants and the long layovers in cool cities. :D

I sincerely appreciate the honesty from our management team, despite the fact that I feel this is a bit of a knee jerk reaction. I am thankful that Bedford has given us the notice that they have. I am in no way angry or upset with our management about this. I realize that this is not directly their fault. Its just the way the industry is going and I hope that its only temporary.

Of course I'm pretty depressed about it because I do enjoy working here and I'm not sure what the hell to do. Do I go look for another job? Do I sit around and drink beer while collecting unemployment hoping for a quick recall? If I do seek another job, do I look for a career job or just something to make a few bucks? What if I don't get recalled for a long time? What if I land a job that pays extremely well and then Republic calls me back?

Most importantly, what resources are available to us furloughed pilots? How do we keep in touch with our company?

Myself along with the other 200 furloughs have a million questions and nobody to turn to except our fellow pilots. That is my bitch. That is my complaint. I feel our union owes the furloughed pilots some answers to some questions. Here it is, almost a week after furloughs announced and I haven't received a letter, email or phone call from the union. Not even a "Hey guys, we know this is tough right now. Hang in there, we will be providing more information."

I thought belonging to a union was like a brotherhood. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and patiently wait for some sort of correspondance from them, but I won't hold my breath. Our management has been answering our questions and delivering information, not the union. I'm sure they're busy, but so are the 200 of us wandering around in a rat maze trying to figure out which direction to go.

So yeah...why don't you give me a break....:rolleyes:

And....I spoke too soon. Just checked my e-mail and finally some word from the Union.

They had a meeting with management to talk about the situation. The IBT has proposed reducing the min scheds. to guarantee instead of the 82hrs that PBS builds. I'm all for that idea! Other than that, nothing really good to report. The company will take it under consideration.

Dave your response is great. However being an educated college graduate and psychology major as well I take offense to the high school comments! And also I hate ipods and never have used one. And regional pilots, well you are one as well as many of us are, yet if you would re read it wasnt anything negative in any of my post. Mostly trying to say there's always positives and we all as a whole need to find them and place some of our enegery on those things and not the negative. Too much is going to happen here in the future with more brothers and sisters out of jobs before it gets better. However the rest of your post is dead on. No one here is saying it doesnt suck. Obviously only two people finally caught on Amber at the end and Mike. We all know right now this isnt the last company to announce things. Hell word right now at my place is parking 5 planes which means about 30 more furloughs and 25 downgrades. Guess what that means? Yes that means I'm probably out of a job. However why sit back and say F this and F that. Right now I rather turn a positive spin on things. I rather say I get to have time with my girlfriend and work on streghtening our relationship as we head toward marriage. I have time to spend with my father whom I almost lost in a heart surgery two weeks ago. I get to spend time with my nephews and god son whom I havent in 6 months. I love my job as much as the next person. Yet I will always look for a positive at the end of the day.

You can sit back and say as you wish. Never once am I saying DAVE you are an idiot stop being down. No of course not. I am simply saying that in every situation one needs to feel as if they have control over things. Thus place something positive on the situation. However if YOU want to use me as the bad guy feel free to do so. I couldnt care less if you do so and that makes you feel better. However I would say we are nearly the same age. In the end we've been through many of the same things. Are in the same situations with family life and love ones as well. Many things in common. So regardless I understand the state of your emotions right now and how pissed you must be. Thus I take no offense in your response. Yet it would do us ALL good if we try to find more positive things in general as opposed to the classics "Oh here we go agains" "#### this ####" etc etc.

Anyways and much as you found out in your next post after that your union did indeed try as we all probably would have guessed. Thus my reason for saying to sit back and relax. I looked like a jack monkey assuming my union didnt try as well. Bro there are people on here in the same situation. Hell look at RAY (Themarineone) has a baby on the way, newly married and the very month his child is due he lost his job with 2 weeks notice. I just merely say when you think you have it bad there's always ALWAYS someone who has it worse. Find a way to spin things positive and look at them in a different way. Other wise you get what we have here, the classic finger pointing and complaining. Negativity gets ya no where other then a mental heath facility or prison due to acting out on such thoughts.

Classic Meyers post. Well done!

Btw, thanks to all my "buddies" for the support! This is just an unfortunate time, but I may actually enjoy a month or two off. We just adopted a puppy and I need the time to get her to stop pissin on my floor!! :laff:

PA523.11041560-2-x.jpg

Dave, also on the list... sorry to hear you're on it too.... Hope things improve this next month.

Back