200 Furloughs for Republic/CVG and CRP close.

Its official...I'm on the list the Union just put out today. 90 spots from the top, 110 from the bottom, almost right in the middle. Sept. 1st...:(

Dale that sucks. Who dropped the ball IBT or the company? This last min #### is not right.

Dale that sucks. Who dropped the ball IBT or the company? This last min #### is not right.

Seems like a quick knee jerk by the company. I find it hard to believe the Union had no warning this was coming, but they say they were informed Thurs.

Nobodys fault but the current state of the economy and this industry. Oh well, what the hell ya gonna do.

I just don't see how the company wouldn't want to give the union a week or two to try to work out a way so there are no furloughs or lower the number(COLA's or LOA's or some thing).

I just don't see how the company wouldn't want to give the union a week or two to try to work out a way so there are no furloughs or lower the number(COLA's or LOA's or some thing).

Why would they have to? Didnt know at PSA either. Way of the industry.

It just makes the company look like a POS. There is talk of the furloughs being as low as 100 here at AE. Why? Because the union has been working like mad from day one, and the company was willing to work with them.

It just makes the company look like a POS. There is talk of the furloughs being as low as 100 here at AE. Why? Because the union has been working like mad from day one, and the company was willing to work with them.

Thats what I don't understand. Every other Regional has been "talking" about furloughs. We've had no talks here. A few hints of tough times ahead from our fearless leader, but no talk of furloughs. Then within a span of 4 days not only are we notified of furloughs but we even have a list and an effective last date of employment!

Its almost like working for a non-union company, yet there are work rules. The only difference is you have no clue what is going on here, only the misguided letters and dooms day crap from management. Like the ones they used to put out at Colgan when we were organizing the ALPA vote.

Don't take this as bitching about the company (because I actually love working here) or specifically at the Union. Its just I've paid a few hundred dollars into a Union who as far as I can see, does nothing. Maybe they've got wheels turning and burning...I don't know, I'm speaking merely from a low guy on the pole who's about about to get furloughed. With the news of not having a job Sept. 1st, I would at least appreciate something from the Union for the money I've lost to their hands.

Hell, even a letter from them about not picking up OT or how they are going to work hard to get those on the street back. Bedford talks to the pilots more than the Union does. Tell me that ain't screwed up....hell I don't even know the names of the guys running our Union. I'm sure I've read it somewhere...

I see how you feel Dale. I am getting furloughed it is not a if, but a when. The thing is I am ok with it, because I know the union tried their best. I know they saved the jobs of a lot of pilots with their hard work.

Dale sorry to hear about the news you have gotten over the last few days. Hopefully there will be some news out from our Union when they have had the time to think about whats going on. Set min sked and no open time until you guys are back.

On a different note. Does anyone know what they are going to be doing with displacements and are they going to need to do a bunch of retraining?

I would also say this Dale, you got a month and a half notice. What do you need? No offense that's one month mroe then PSA guys got. That is pleanty of time for you all to find other options and figure out what you are going to do. Heck our guys/girls had to find out in two weeks what they were going to do. Half of them only had 4 days off during that time and had 4 DAYS to find new jobs and figure things out. Things suck right now. Yeah thats true. But give me a break man your company gave you all a decent notice. You should give them credit for that much at least. I only wish our pilots had 1 and a half months notice.

I dunno, but if I got a letter that said I was on the street in 60 days, it'd rock my world.

Good luck bro. :( Start hitting up your contacts and you never know what opportunities could be waiting around the bend. Kill that cellphone battery calling up your contacts -- you never know when an old student or co-worker is just about to put out a job posting for a corporate position somewhere.

I dunno, but if I got a letter that said I was on the street in 60 days, it'd rock my world.

Then I surely hope you are not the type that sits and gets disgusted with people who collect unemployment or disability and or public assistance. The fact is yes its a shock and it sucks. But at the same time if I need to pay my bills having a month and a half notice and especially 60 days is enough time to find options. Its all. I'm not saying another job in aviation but a job in general. That means if you have to lower your standards and find something that will barely pay the bills the suck it up and take that job.

I guess in the end I'm saying its a lot more notice then some have gotten. Perhaps we need to be grateful for the small things. To me and I know a few on here that seems like a world of notice compared to what our pilots recieved. Heck even USairways guys were given the notice they would be losing their jobs shortly out of no where like our guys did. And that's at a legacy carrier. Again it sucks it really does. Yet when you think you are in a bad situation, there's always someone out there with a worse one is all I want to remind people. If you dont believe me take a drive down to your local ghetto or lower SEC area in your city. Ask around and you will find out.

Is RAH allowed to furlough out of seniorority? Meaning, would the put a Frontier 170 person on the street senior to a 145 person?

I would also say this Dale, you got a month and a half notice. What do you need? No offense that's one month mroe then PSA guys got. That is pleanty of time for you all to find other options and figure out what you are going to do. Heck our guys/girls had to find out in two weeks what they were going to do. Half of them only had 4 days off during that time and had 4 DAYS to find new jobs and figure things out. Things suck right now. Yeah thats true. But give me a break man your company gave you all a decent notice. You should give them credit for that much at least. I only wish our pilots had 1 and a half months notice.

Unless I missed something, where did you come up with a month and a half notice? It was announced last Friday about the furloughs...

Also, Airdale's name is Dave, not Dale...

I'm not furloughed, but my roommate is being furloughed. I think it was a pretty damn quick trigger by the company and I think they were aggressive with it for a reason. They'll quickly find how short they're going to be on the 170 side and some peeps will get called back sooner than I think (hope). It's ridiculous that they've had me flying 85-90 hours/month and they're doing all this furloughing before adjusting the # of hours we fly a month.

Dave, hang in there...

Unless I missed something, where did you come up with a month and a half notice? It was announced last Friday about the furloughs...

Also, Airdale's name is Dave, not Dale...

I'm not furloughed, but my roommate is being furloughed. I think it was a pretty damn quick trigger by the company and I think they were aggressive with it for a reason. They'll quickly find how short they're going to be on the 170 side and some peeps will get called back sooner than I think (hope). It's ridiculous that they've had me flying 85-90 hours/month and they're doing all this furloughing before adjusting the # of hours we fly a month.

Dave, hang in there...

Couldnt care less if I spelled the name wrong. Month and a half is the furloughs are effective September 1st are they not? Thus you know as of July 11th. Thus you have half of July and all of August? Now if you know something different and that this isnt a month and a half and my math is wrong that's fine.

I have buddies both in CMH who are being let go. However they have had a great attitude about it. Much like the others whom I've been around on here who have been let go. They already have options and jobs line up out of aviation. They are going to interviews already. Saying they were very glad they had the notice they were given. Thus its a positive note that you all were given at least a month and half.

However you are right. You all have known since the reductions were announced back in June that your flying would be reduced. We've had discussion on here and many said, "Our management had not been informed." Unfortunately that was not true. They were indeed informed back in June when the decisions came down from Airways. Much as AWAC/PDT/PSA/Mesa/Colgan were all informed that very day. Its interesting though how all these companies informed their employees about the situation. PSA told them right away and made the decision to furlough within 2 weeks. Mesa being so short staffed it really did not seem to make a difference. PDT has now and will now grow due to Colgans reduction however that wasnt the plan. And AWAC for whatever reason only annonced it starting in July (2 weeks later) and they also did get about the same notice.

As already said the only company we all know of whom has given more notice has been xjet. And that has a lot to say about their great communication between management and the pilot group. Again in the end it sucks. Just got off the phone with a buddy in CMH. However he's been positive about it. He's over the past months been saying he thought it might happen. But in the end he gave it a shot and now may very well get out.

Lastly just got a call from a buddy at TSA they are furlouging another 20 pilots August 15th followed by another 38 at the end of August. So they just got a month. Sucks again but I would be thankful for RAH and where you are. Of all the companies it appears RAH is in a good position for the future and bring you all back sooner then most.

Dave, I'm not usually one to defend the IBT, but I think they really were in the dark on this one. My buddy in RAH flt ops management didn't even know about it ahead of time. They seemed to keep everybody in the dark. Good luck with everything.

Back