200 Furloughs for Republic/CVG and CRP close.

Is it just me or is the term "buddy" way over used on this forum?

haha nah. Buddy has always been a loose term. More so buddy then friend. A friend perhaps would be a worse way of saying it I think. Buddy is more informal and can be someone in which you arent close to rather just speak with. Come on Ethan you are way over thinking it!

Wow.......you couldn't be farther from the truth. XJET will not be reducing line values to 75 hour lines.....nice try at a rumor though.

And the Euro thing is open to ALL pilots.....it is NOT XJET only.....the ONLY involvement that XJET has with this is they are allowing you to taje the job and come back.....you are competing with everyone and there brother for this.....My buddies at eagle have the same announcement for the Flybe flying

He was just saying that we've got guys going to the Europe thing, which is true.

Settle down, Beavis.

Wow.......you couldn't be farther from the truth. XJET will not be reducing line values to 75 hour lines.....nice try at a rumor though.

And the Euro thing is open to ALL pilots.....it is NOT XJET only.....the ONLY involvement that XJET has with this is they are allowing you to taje the job and come back.....you are competing with everyone and there brother for this.....My buddies at eagle have the same announcement for the Flybe flying

Wow.....WOWEEEEEEEEE...

What's getting you so worked up? "Couldn't be farther from the truth?" How do you know what the line values will be? To clarify, I know the union is trying to drive the divisor closer to 75 hours rather than 100hrs.

Creating a nasty rumor would be stating that the company/union is working towards 75 hr divisor when in fact they were doing the opposite. THAT would BE FURTHEST from the TRUTH. And in addition would be a good try at creating a rumor. My original post was neither. (I like how you used CAPS too in your post...really good emphasis noted).

And finally, with FLYBE. I don't remember anyone talking FlyBe jobs to such a great extent before our company and union came out with the info and contacts. Our chief of operations put out guidance via our crew scheduling system to guide those who were interested in the process. Additionally he included it in his flight ops updates. As you said XJT will allow you to leave. WHAT ELSE DO YOU THINK XJT CAN DO?! The company is publicizing it, the union is the go-between and it seems to be landing guys jobs. If you feel that I implied that XJT has taken over HR for FlyBe, then you read it wrong.

I would also say this Dale, you got a month and a half notice. What do you need? No offense that's one month mroe then PSA guys got. That is pleanty of time for you all to find other options and figure out what you are going to do. Heck our guys/girls had to find out in two weeks what they were going to do. Half of them only had 4 days off during that time and had 4 DAYS to find new jobs and figure things out. Things suck right now. Yeah thats true. But give me a break man your company gave you all a decent notice. You should give them credit for that much at least. I only wish our pilots had 1 and a half months notice.

This could easily be the most callous thing you've ever posted on here.

<Edited> Folks are losing their jobs and unlike you, have families to feed.

I would also say this Dale, you got a month and a half notice. What do you need? No offense that's one month mroe then PSA guys got. That is pleanty of time for you all to find other options and figure out what you are going to do. Heck our guys/girls had to find out in two weeks what they were going to do. Half of them only had 4 days off during that time and had 4 DAYS to find new jobs and figure things out. Things suck right now. Yeah thats true. But give me a break man your company gave you all a decent notice. You should give them credit for that much at least. I only wish our pilots had 1 and a half months notice.

Paul, man, that's a heck of an attitude to have about people losing their jobs.

I got furloughed once with 1 weeks notice, and I got furloughed with 30 days notice. They both sucked equally!

Let's have some compassion for our furloughed folks, regardless of their duration of notification.

Amber and JH. I am not saying there situation sucks. I am saying there is at least a little positive to speak of and about with RAH. They were at least a company in which gave more of a notice. They still work for a company in which when call backs home are in a situation to do well in the market. I wasnt saying the situation does not suck. I am simply saying that its a situation in which they were given more notice then many companies out there. In the end they are with a company who has the planes to make it in the market the way it is as well. Also when they call back a company in which they will probably get called back quicker then most of the 50 seat regionals. In the end they were given more notice then most people get in other jobs. Heck here at PSA we got the classic two weeks notice of a layoff like a typical employeer. When my dad's lost his job due to cut backs its been two weeks. Thus having 6 weeks is a good chunk of time. Its something to look at as a positive and not all the negative. We shouldnt just be focusing on negative things. Where the hell does focusing on the negative going to get us? NO WHERE!

Paul, this is the point where you apologize to Dave, not where you continue to act like you're right.

You're not.

Paul, telling someone who's getting furloughed to not focus on the negative is really pretty unrealistic.

Having been through 2 furloughs myself, words can not describe how awful and scary it can be.

Please don't tell someone who's getting furloughed how good they have it. They don't, okay?

Yeah, it's great they're getting a few more weeks notice, but the end result is still the same, and it's just as bad.

Paul, this is the point where you apologize to Dave, not where you continue to act like you're right.

You're not.

:yeahthat:

Twice!! Knock it off Train. That's twice now that you and I have agreed on something.

Paul, I sort of understand you're point, but maybe it was the timing. The "list" was sent out the same day and you were busy trying to tell him that in truth he was actually lucky in some way. I don't think you meant to sound the way you did, but no matter the situation or how much notice they were given, it's hard to find the positives right now.

:yeahthat:

Paul, I sort of understand you're point, but maybe it was the timing. The "list" was sent out the same day and you were busy trying to tell him that in truth he was actually lucky in some way. I don't think you meant to sound the way you did, but no matter the situation or how much notice they were given, it's hard to find the positives right now.

Yeah perhaps you are right..... I'm not one who is a big fan of sitting back and focusing on the negative. Hell just had a few eye opening experiences with my father going through open heart (tripple by pass) surgery and what not. Last word of advice before he went in about the whole state of our industry knowing my job is uncertain, "you made it, look for the new and dont worry about what you dont control." Thus my new outlook. We dont control much in this industry. I have very high props still to this day for RAH and giving the notice they did.

Yeah Dave it stinks. Not saying it doesnt. But I am standing by my guns on this one. Sorry JH and Amber if you disagree. You are more then entitled to. However you arent changing my views at all. Perhaps bad timing, however we must not worry about negatives and more so worry about things we control and the positives in our lives.

You're not.

You're right JH always are man.... :) where's the sarcasm tag.

In the end I wasnt aware there was a right and a wrong in the way a company announces they are making cuts. Where's this book? I really need one. I didnt know that any day one lost their job was a good day. Yeah it sucks in the end. However you are one in more ways then one who rather look at negatives. Its your personality and has been shown over the years on here and in conversatoins. However I am not the type as you are. I rather look at the positives. The fact that if Dave choose to not go back he now has two different aircraft he's qualified in. The fact he's completed two 121 training programs without a problem. THings of that nature that make him more marketable. However I guess you rather sit back and complain about things we dont control. Sorry you and I can do this, agree to disagree its all.

Yeah perhaps you are right..... I'm not one who is a big fan of sitting back and focusing on the negative. Hell just had a few eye opening experiences with my father going through open heart (triple by pass) surgery and what not. Last word of advice before he went in about the whole state of our industry knowing my job is uncertain, "you made it, look for the new and dont worry about what you dont control." Thus my new outlook. We dont control much in this industry. I have very high props still to this day for RAH and giving the notice they did.

Yeah Dave it stinks. Not saying it doesnt. But I am standing by my guns on this one. Sorry JH and Amber if you disagree. You are more then entitled to. However you arent changing my views at all. Perhaps bad timing, however we must not worry about negatives and more so worry about things we control and the positives in our lives.

My point, and perhaps I didn't make this clear, is that you can look at things any way you want to. If/when you get furloughed, YOU can chose to look at whatever aspect of it you want. But do not tell someone else how to react. Choose whatever reaction you want for yourself, but understand that others may not have the same reaction. :)

Hey at least the company canceled the "Circle of Stars" party. :sarcasm:

I think we should have some wording in our next contract stating that that line values have to be reduced to a certain number of hours before a furlough occurs. I believe Fed Ex has this wording in their CBA.

Dave I know your situation sucks right now man but it always could be worse. From reading here what you have gone through with switching company's and what not I know you probably feel like pulling your hair out but keep your head up and keep moving forward and you will look back on this one day and laugh. If you are ever in CMH PM me and Ill buy you dinner and several beers.

Buddy...

Personally I saw Meyers post as a better alternative to "This sucks, strap in, hold on, get ready, we're all ####ed."
The best response? "Hey man let me know if you need anything, I got a buddy (For you Bob) that is in your area I'll give him a shout and see if he knows of any jobs available" or "I had a buddy (For you Bob) that did this while he was furloughed". End it with a good luck.
It's positive but doesn't make light of the situation. The "strap in" crap does nothing.

My point, and perhaps I didn't make this clear, is that you can look at things any way you want to. If/when you get furloughed, YOU can chose to look at whatever aspect of it you want. But do not tell someone else how to react. Choose whatever reaction you want for yourself, but understand that others may not have the same reaction. :)

OK maybe I didnt make it clear. And perhaps this is where you and Jh are not following. I'm not saying you cant feel a way. Thus being educated in psychology and working in the inner city with situations such as crisis management and school counseling I understand things about feelings. However my advice was to try to look at positives of the situation. You are right, you can sit back and be negative all you want. However in the end doing such gets you no where. Its proven and many professionals in the mental heath world would tell us all the same. However if you look at the positives of the situation and those things in which we all can control, one tends to feel better about situations. And thus also feel as if they are taking control of the situation and rather are no longer the pawn in the situation. They have control and in the end we all have control over ourself. Clear as mud yet?

In the end I've hijacked this thread and did not mean to do so. So lets get it back on track. I appologize RAH guys for getting your thread off topic.

Back