12 additional CRJ900s for XJT

Trip7

Pre-owned aircraft entering the Delta Connection fleet with 2 in December, the rest gradually phased in by May 2013

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

question: how many pilots does it take to staff 12 airplanes at a place like XJT? as in, how many jobs does this equate to?

question: how many pilots does it take to staff 12 airplanes at a place like XJT? as in, how many jobs does this equate to?

Around 60 Capts, 60 FOs

Vacancy bid finally came out and its showing at least 40 upgrades

Airplanes don't come out of thin air, especially when YOY capacity is down.

Sent from my Colecovision Adam

Actually, I think Derg was implying the opposite. It's less than a zero sum game right now.

We're not adding capacity on the Delta side, if you look at the numbers.

So new jets, on the delta side, are a net increase at "Airline A" and a net decrease at "Airline B"

Like when people say "They're having retirements at Delta, here comes the flood!" Well we're parking jets and taking expanded liberties with domestic and international codeshares to make up for the loss of bodies. Alaska Airlines and the Air FRONNNNZ conglomerate loves us long time, GI.

I didn't realize that 9E's 900's were in play yet.

It was part of the 34 large RJs for 66 200s deal. All but 16 of the 34 have been delivered, and Pinnacle is returning 16 900s to Bombardier

We're not adding capacity on the Delta side, if you look at the numbers.

So new jets, on the delta side, are a net increase at "Airline A" and a net decrease at "Airline B"

Like when people say "They're having retirements at Delta, here comes the flood!" Well we're parking jets and taking expanded liberties with domestic and international codeshares to make up for the loss of bodies. Alaska Airlines and the Air FRONNNNZ conglomerate loves us long time, GI.

tl;dr: no shortage, now get back into your Brasilia. (Ya know? I like looking at the islands from 8,000'.)

Back