12 additional CRJ900s for XJT

We're not adding capacity on the Delta side, if you look at the numbers.

So new jets, on the delta side, are a net increase at "Airline A" and a net decrease at "Airline B"

Like when people say "They're having retirements at Delta, here comes the flood!" Well we're parking jets and taking expanded liberties with domestic and international codeshares to make up for the loss of bodies. Alaska Airlines and the Air FRONNNNZ conglomerate loves us long time, GI.

Sent from my Colecovision Adam

What's up Doug! I'll give you Alaska Airlines. They definitely benefiting a little from the DAL partnership but Air Fronz/KLM is currently in financial turmoil. Unions are about to vote on another round of paycuts, especially those that fly domestically. Not only are they getting beat up by the Easyjet/RyanAir crowd, they are also losing a ton of pax to the TVG high speed train. Air Fronz capacity is down way more than DAL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not sure how that's possible. 9E will be returning the -900s between January 2013 - May 2013.

Sounds like plans were just shifted back a month, deliveries are now December 2012-April 2013

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Would that surprise you, then?

Nothing surprises me any more with this management team, especially when training costs are involved. It's almost like they're attempting to spend as much money as possible training guys. I started with the mass vacancy last year to try to "right size" the fleet. Guys that needed a week of training wound up getting two months paid to sit at home because of the company's idiocy.

I'm actually starting to find your trolling amusing.

Well done.

No trolling on my part. I was serious as the CR2 approaches nose down (like a cessna) and the CR9 approaches nose up (like a mainliner). The DC-9 is the same way, the baby 9 with no slats approaches nose down and the slatted 9s approach nose up. Since most mainline jets have slats now, it will make your possible transition to the majors that much easier. Plus, on the CR9 you can practice your judgmental oversteering, like a mini super 80.

See, I fly both the 200 and the 700 (with slats) and there really isn't ANYTHING different enough between the two that would warrant your comment not being a troll. If you'd gone with something like having to deal with two flight attendants or having to figure out w&b with multiple cargo bins/holds or having multiple lavs to request service on I would have believed you. Approach angle? Not so much so.

See, I fly both the 200 and the 700 (with slats) and there really isn't ANYTHING different enough between the two that would warrant your comment not being a troll. If you'd gone with something like having to deal with two flight attendants or having to figure out w&b with multiple cargo bins/holds or having multiple lavs to request service on I would have believed you. Approach angle? Not so much so.

To answer your points. We don't have to deal with the drama of flight attendants and my jet has 13 main deck and 7 lower belly cargo locations, so I can see your point about w&b with lots of locations being tricky to figure. Good thing ours is computerized and already figured out for us. You mean since you have multiple lavs you have to make TWO radio calls for service? (one for each lav). We only have one lav and only one call is needed.

To answer your points. We don't have to deal with the drama of flight attendants and my jet has 13 main deck and 7 lower belly cargo locations, so I can see your point about w&b with lots of locations being tricky to figure. Good thing ours is computerized and already figured out for us. You mean since you have multiple lavs you have to make TWO radio calls for service? (one for each lav). We only have one lav and only one call is needed.

Yeah... There is absolutely no way you could hack it as a regional pilot. Sounds like it would be way too complex for you to manage.

Back