What we've got here is failure to communicate

There have been several instances (not in the US) where airlines or airport security have let the pilot get all the way to the airplane, despite already knowing they were drunk, to prove intent to operate the flight, and make it easier to arrest and fire.
And that one America West A319 in MIA where they had already called for push and popped the brake LOL. But either way, you'd think letting someone who is THAT messed up stroll to the gate is just a bad look and it'd be better to just stop him at security than let him wobble on board.

And that one America West A319 in MIA where they had already called for push and popped the brake LOL. But either way, you'd think letting someone who is THAT messed up stroll to the gate is just a bad look and it'd be better to just stop him at security than let him wobble on board.

There was one guy who did SAN-PDX-SNA, landed and STILL blew a .13!

Got one year In jail for it, which seems light.

There have been several instances (not in the US) where airlines or airport security have let the pilot get all the way to the airplane, despite already knowing they were drunk, to prove intent to operate the flight, and make it easier to arrest and fire.
Local constabulary be like Col. Flagg: “tonight, every kid in America will wish he was me!”

giphy.gif

Guessing Captain probably started his recording right after he finished his rant about how all asians are bad pilots, laced with racial epithets and referring to his F/O as “sum ting wong.”

We’re only seeing one side to this.

Guessing Captain probably started his recording right after he finished his rant about how all asians are bad pilots, laced with racial epithets and referring to his F/O as “sum ting wong.”

We’re only seeing one side to this.
This is a joke, right?

And I see a bunch of regional pilots wearing mainline crew tags. Don’t mean nothing.
What irks me is when regional pilots straight up lie during PAs. Horizon and skywest guys always say “alaskan flight xxxx”. When I was at ExpressJet we woulda been murdered if we said “continental flight xxxx”. Maybe times have changed and the little kids can pretend to be big kids...

What irks me is when regional pilots straight up lie during PAs. Horizon and skywest guys always say “alaskan flight xxxx”. When I was at ExpressJet we woulda been murdered if we said “continental flight xxxx”. Maybe times have changed and the little kids can pretend to be big kids...

Yup it’s just kind of sad. There’s no shame in where you work...unless you feel the need to lie about it.

Are we sure that’s not the guidance given to them by mainline?

There literally isn’t an “express” title attached by Alaska themselves though. I had a Denver guy pick up an AS trip and unkey during the PA and go “wait... is it Alaska Express? Connection?”
“I dunno, I’ve never heard anything, I think they just call it all Alaska.”

There literally isn’t an “express” title attached by Alaska themselves though. I had a Denver guy pick up an AS trip and unkey during the PA and go “wait... is it Alaska Express? Connection?”
“I dunno, I’ve never heard anything, I think they just call it all Alaska.”

Partially because I'm dumb and I don't think there was much guidance back in the day, I don't think I usually use any kind of airline name in my PAs. People probably remember which airline they bought the ticket from and if they didn't the reminder once the door is closed doesn't really serve a purpose.

Partially because I'm dumb and I don't think there was much guidance back in the day, I don't think I usually use any kind of airline name in my PAs. People probably remember which airline they bought the ticket from and if they didn't the reminder once the door is closed doesn't really serve a purpose.
I'd say "you'd be surprised", but you probably wouldn't be at this point. Especially with all the codeshares that go on these days or the 4 leg strung together Frankenstein itineraries people buy on Kayak, on top of people's usual level of not paying attention.

I'd say "you'd be surprised", but you probably wouldn't be at this point. Especially with all the codeshares that go on these days or the 4 leg strung together Frankenstein itineraries people buy on Kayak, on top of people's usual level of not paying attention.

I do remember a weird trip back when I was based in IAD. It had a strange intermixing of United and Delta flying. It really wasn't until I was out doing the walk around that I'd remember the airline that I was flying for.

Back