Good news for Mesaba poolies

Can't wait to see this award. Be hilarious if it starts off at 6 again, then jumps to 30, then to 34.

Well it's out. Looks like 10 200s and 10 saab newhires. I wonder how many revisions with this one.

Well another vacancy out. Looks like 21 newhires on this one. 13 into the 900 and 8 into the Saab. Guess its true they must be interviewing like crazy these days. What crazy rumors will surface with this vacancy bid?

Well another vacancy out. Looks like 21 newhires on this one. 13 into the 900 and 8 into the Saab. Guess its true they must be interviewing like crazy these days. What crazy rumors will surface with this vacancy bid?
I heard United flying out of DEN.

I heard a -900 base in Atlanta and buying up the frontier 319's for a DEN base (no I didn't). Also Southwest is looking to buy Mesaba and we'll get the 787's (that one is true).

I heard a -900 base in Atlanta and buying up the frontier 319's for a DEN base (no I didn't). Also Southwest is looking to buy Mesaba and we'll get the 787's (that one is true).

Yeah, that's right about the 787. It's being specially built for Mesaba but don't tell anyone.

Yeah, that's right about the 787. It's being specially built for Mesaba but don't tell anyone.

Hey, I heard it from two checkairmen. Also a rumor that they'll merge senority lists without fences. Its likely I'll be on the 787 by next year!

Hey, I heard it from two checkairmen. Also a rumor that they'll merge senority lists without fences. Its likely I'll be on the 787 by next year!

Heard from two check airmen and a couple of MX guys were buying Comair, so you know that's true.

On a sorta-related note, Pinnacle's latest bid had FO slots go EMPTY, which means we'll probably ramp up hiring again. Still no CA vacancies in the NWA bases, though. Just ATL.

Heard from two check airmen and a couple of MX guys were buying Comair, so you know that's true.

On a sorta-related note, Pinnacle's latest bid had FO slots go EMPTY, which means we'll probably ramp up hiring again. Still no CA vacancies in the NWA bases, though. Just ATL.
Well we are looking for 21 right now for the next class. Everything I'm hearing from the guys who are interviewing (by proxy of course) is they are looking to interview and fill way past the 21. So either a bigger class (unlikely I think) or another vacancy 2 weeks from now for another 20-30

could someone please post the new payrates for 2009... I know I saw them somewhere but cant find them again...

Thanks..

what are the times of the new guys getting hired? saw someone on a gouge site get hired with 450 total. i have more than that, I was just wondering because of all the 121 guys out on the street. do they look at 135 time anymore favorably if my hours are below 1000?

whats gonna happen with XJ with the delta/nwa merger? This may have been stated before but this is a long thread.

thanks

Maybe someone would be kind enough to post up the '09 payrates but I won't. I'm not that bored :) A guy named "bored" posted them up on the APC forums and good luck trying to find them. I'm gonna start getting paid it soon so I can just post up my hourly every couple months :)

As far as hiring HR has told me twice they are not favoring one time over another, except for one of the furlough groups (don't remember which airline) was going to get preferential hiring. They were clear over in Hawaii so I don't see that making much difference. Once you have the published time your name goes on the stack. I know calls are taking weeks so if you are just putting it in now you may be out of luck for a while. I know they hired 135 guys in the same class as me and at least 3 classes afterwards, I don't know about now. I don't know why 135 time would be bad, as far as I understand it time is time.

Good luck

Maybe someone would be kind enough to post up the '09 payrates but I won't. I'm not that bored :) A guy named "bored" posted them up on the APC forums and good luck trying to find them. I'm gonna start getting paid it soon so I can just post up my hourly every couple months :)

As far as hiring HR has told me twice they are not favoring one time over another, except for one of the furlough groups (don't remember which airline) was going to get preferential hiring. They were clear over in Hawaii so I don't see that making much difference. Once you have the published time your name goes on the stack. I know calls are taking weeks so if you are just putting it in now you may be out of luck for a while. I know they hired 135 guys in the same class as me and at least 3 classes afterwards, I don't know about now. I don't know why 135 time would be bad, as far as I understand it time is time.

Good luck

right on.. thanks for the reply. Mesaba seems like a great place to work. Well at least better than where I am now. How long have you been there?? With the new hires coming in what is that going to do to the upgrade time?

Good luck
I posted them somewhere on here a while back It's basically a 3.6% raise on all the current payscale. If some one wants to calculate that go for it. Im on my phone so its too much of a PITA on this thing.

right on.. thanks for the reply. Mesaba seems like a great place to work. Well at least better than where I am now. How long have you been there?? With the new hires coming in what is that going to do to the upgrade time?
pm sent

Alright. So it's time for more rumors.

How many more aircraft is XJ getting...? This many:
36 -900's
32 -200's
11 -340's (these are going to ATL)

Some of you may ask, "but isn't this wild speculation?". It's not wild, our director of ops sorta kinda hinted at this after being pressed by a buncha pilots why we are hiring so many more pilots.

More irresponsible rumors? Or responsible rumors? Or just a buncha crap?

Personally I know its all crap. We are getting the Frontier -319's. You heard it here first.

Everyone keeps talking about the freedoms 900s, but it seems to be something more. I mean it's not just just pilots we are hiring. Everybody from FAs to ground personel are being hired right now and from the looks of it, it's going to be more than just those freedom 900s. And that new memo that came out requesting our flight times seems to be interesting. Either the company really doesn't know what everyones total times are or they wanna see how many street captains they are gonna need in the future. Or maybe I dont know what I'm talking about.

Back