colgan alpa committee

row9

Does anyone know if anyone on the committee has ever worked for a carrier that had alpa?

I don't know if anyone on the committee has but as a former Colganite and someone who now works for an ALPA carrier I would say that Colgan definitely needs ALPA. It is a night and day difference from Colgan to where I am now. I really hope the best for the Colgan pilots. There are a bunch of good guys there that deserve much better.

Shoot me a PM I am on the OC

Yes there are guys who have been at ALPA carriers in the past. If you want their number, I will forward it to you.

I was at CJC.

I'm at an ALPA carrier now.

CJC needs ALPA in the worst way.

Believe me.

I appreciate the response, there's no doubt that alpa will be better than nothing. However, did you ever work at a teamsters carrier?

The reason I started this thread, is because I talk to WAY to many people that fly or have flown with alpa that say STAY AWAY. One guy even called alpa the devil.

I do not hear similar things about teamsters. I talked to a cjc capt. that had been at a teamsters carrier, and he wants teamsters. That speaks volumes to me.

I appreciate the response, there's no doubt that alpa will be better than nothing. However, did you ever work at a teamsters carrier?

The reason I started this thread, is because I talk to WAY to many people that fly or have flown with alpa that say STAY AWAY. One guy even called alpa the devil.

I do not hear similar things about teamsters. I talked to a cjc capt. that had been at a teamsters carrier, and he wants teamsters. That speaks volumes to me.

Does it mean nothing to you that people who are currently at IBT carriers are commenting to STAY AWAY from IBT?

They cite:
the lack of support
threats from their own union
the fact they have been recently decertified by NetJets
the negative issues going on at RAH at the moment
etc.....

I worked under the IBT in a previouse profession.

Does anybody know who beyond ashley marsh, is an OC member for the IBT? From my experience, Under IBT, you will be just as likely to know where your money goes, where and who your represenatives are, and finaly, why you even wanted them in the first place.

I never had any sort of clue as to what the "local" would do for me. I didn't know who to call, where or what to file. I was pretty much told, pay this, or you can not attend training, and therefore will be fired. one heck of a great -welcom to the union - I was under probation nearly as long as i had the job. SO I had no rights. I paid for, and got, Nothing. If IBT were voted in at 9l, i would like to with hold my dues untill the IBT has payed off it's outstanding debts...

YMMV, but, for a feel, post on this site, Flight info, and APC, asking a member, any member of the IBT OC to call, contact, or forward contact info to you... and see what happens

Does it mean nothing to you that people who are currently at IBT carriers are commenting to STAY AWAY from IBT?

They cite:
the lack of support
threats from their own union
the fact they have been recently decertified by NetJets
the negative issues going on at RAH at the moment
etc.....

That may be the case, but I have not met any.

Does it mean nothing to you that US Air recently decertified Alpa?
That we are dealing with the same issue as us air with conflict of interest?
Yes, all things equal Alpa might be okay, but given the circumstances (with pinnacle having alpa) the decision is easy for me.

Yes, all things equal Alpa might be okay, but given the circumstances (with pinnacle having alpa) the decision is easy for me.

The decision is easy for you. Choose ALPA. We're not the same situation as USAir and AWA. Why, oh why, do you really think that having a different union represent you will be good? Our flight attendants (and yours) are already screwed because they have a non-aviation-related
union "representing" them. IBT won't help out. If you guys can vote in ALPA, we have some great folks on our team that are more than willing to make sure everyone gets a fair shake.

I don't want to fly Pinnacle's Qs. I want to fly what I got hired here to fly.

I am not a big fan of ALPA ( I think they are to weak and put to much power in the hands of MEC's). Having said that, ALPA is the best way to go for just about every airline out there. All the extra stuff you get with ALPA is worth the higher dues.

Unfortunately all the questions you asked have been answered my times over and its just beyond my patience to go through and copy and paste all of it. As an ex-CJC'er I'm simply asking you to vote ALPA.

Luckily I'm not your OC and you'll find guys like Seggy on that commitee can answer all your questions. If I'm not mistaken those questions are actually asked in the exact same order you gave and by now I'm sure there is some sort of tape recording that will give you the answers. I know some of the guys you are listening to about Teamsters. I really miss and admire those guys, but that doesn't mean they are right. They had bad experiences with unions in general and others enjoy living in a very small world with simple answers. Maybe you are simular, maybe you actually want to see the larger world around you. If that is so I suggest you sit down with Seggy and other members of the ALPA OC and do your very best to just listen, not wait for your turn to talk.

Does anyone know if anyone on the committee has ever worked for a carrier that had alpa?
I'm guessing your in the 1900... cause thats the only one we've got with 9 rows.

Stay away from street CA gospil, fear mongering, and unsupported claims. May just be me... but you haven't really done the colgan if you haven't started from the first pay block on the scale, Most guys will spout off to support their claims, And if you come from the right seat of a Union carrier, who does have good work rules, to the left seat of a non-union carrier, of course you would prob. push what you know... not exactly an unbiased opinion.

We have a COMPLETELY different situation than AAA and AWA. That debacle has been covered ad nauseam and I just am not going to go through it now. Do some research on the topic and get back to me on how you think it'll be remotely similar.

I will say this, however: By voting in any union other than ALPA, we will be making our jobs considerably more difficult. The best solution for 'merging' of the lists (if it even happens) would be for both parties involved to be represented by the same entity. In this case, ALPA. The benefits of ALPA representation far outweigh those of IBT.

Also, I've worked for an IBT company in the past as well. No desire to ever do so again.

Also, I've worked for an IBT company in the past as well. No desire to ever do so again.

Did your dues almost feel like putting money into a 401k, that you knew you were never getting anything out of? We actually had a fountain out front. would have rather tossed that 1.55% in there- and mostly more good would have come from it

Did your dues almost feel like putting money into a 401k, that you knew you were never getting anything out of? We actually had a fountain out front. would have rather tossed that 1.55% in there- and mostly more good would have come from it

Ding ding ding.........WINNER!

Back