Anyone else holding out for academy date past the New Year?

GnW

I get another 40 hours of sick leave on the first :nana2:

I still have my 40 from this year too. :crazy:

Re: Anyone else holding out for academy date past the New Ye

i also plan on using all of my vaca/sick leave while i'm waiting for my first check in OKC. or maybe i'll just take a trip to the orient :panic:

If offered a class I will take the first available one...

I have 200hrs of PTO I won't get paid for when I leave here.

I get another 40 hours of sick leave on the first :nana2:

I still have my 40 from this year too. :crazy:

Agreed, good idea.
I have 2 weeks vacation, and 11 paid days come next year. In total, this is worth 4 grand... don't want to miss out on that!

Agreed, good idea.
I have 2 weeks vacation, and 11 paid days come next year. In total, this is worth 4 grand... don't want to miss out on that!

yeah i figure if they offer me Nov/Dec i'm just going to request a January date. I'd rather be home for the holidays and then collect my PTO, not to mention deer season :drool:

yeah i figure if they offer me Nov/Dec i'm just going to request a January date. I'd rather be home for the holidays and then collect my PTO, not to mention deer season :drool:
deer!
Gosh, in california, i'm so far removed from firearms that i've never even touched a firearm.... let alone go hunt

deer!
Gosh, in california, i'm so far removed from firearms that i've never even touched a firearm.... let alone go hunt
Where i am from(Slapout,Al...literally) i think it is everyone's gift for their first birthday:crazy:

I've been working temp since October because I moved to a new city and did not know how long I would be able to commit to a new employer...if I had known it would be a year lol...I would have gotten a nice job while I waited it out. With that said, I am tired as hell of temp work and please send me my fol!!!! lol:nana2:

FYI, if you have not ever fired a gun...you really ought to...its a great stress reliever.

Stress ? What's stress ?? :crazy:

I think I'm with you on waiting, but then again...how bad are the winters in OKC?

I think I'm with you on waiting, but then again...how bad are the winters in OKC?
better than baltimore, worse than san diego :D

I actually looked that up :eek:

They're a little bit cooler than I would have expected, but definitely warmer than what I'm used to (and you too if you're from Baltimore)... oh and less snow :)

Yup - there would be some benefits to a later class date -

More time to save up for the pay cut -
401K will be vested at a higher % - more to roll over!

Where i am from(Slapout,Al...literally) i think it is everyone's gift for their first birthday:crazy:
Some employers have "Bring your kid to work day" and "Bring your [pet] to work day"... I think they should have "Bring your gun to work day." That would be exciting!

lol, your not kidding, I lived in Auburn, AL for a while... I swear there were 5 years olds shooting at the firing range (if you could call it that)

Back