the official "waiting for FOL from MEM PEPC" thread

To actually validate this thread, I do have a question.

I've gotten the impression that we may be waiting for more training start dates to be established before we actually receive our FOL's. If a start date is required for a firm offer, then this would make sense. Did anyone happen to ask HR this question?

I've gotten the impression that we may be waiting for more training start dates to be established before we actually receive our FOL's. If a start date is required for a firm offer, then this would make sense. Did anyone happen to ask HR this question?

I didn't ask about that, but it did cross my mind. If we were told we would receive our FOLs in 2-4 weeks and the FOL would include our academy date one can only hope they will sort everything out and still send the FOLs in the next month. I will keep in touch with HR but I'm not going to be worried about it if it's been 3 1/2 weeks and I haven't heard anything yet.

Here is my personal experience. My hr rep told me that he assigns class dates (thus FOL's) based on the order in which he received people's clearances. He gets a list from DC telling him how many bodies he can put into a class and which type of bodies he can put there (i.e. people going to a certain artcc, tracon, tower). I am going to a center so I am only assuming its the same for tracon/tower people. He did tell me that its a bit easier to get class dates for tower folks...not really sure why. As he goes down his list of people who have received tol's and all their clearances, he sends out FOL's until that class is filled and then moves to the next class.

Each year they have a certain quota to fill for each area they represent. This is why I am still waiting. I went to the ft. worth pepci and afterwards my clearances took a bit longer while they were waiting for my military medical records. This ended up putting me at the bottom of the stack in his office, and then he hit his quota for the year for my center. So, now I am just sitting tight waiting for either a miracle spot to open up or the next fiscal year class date. All in all, his system makes sense to me and I have enjoyed the little bit of extra time to have an enjoyable summer. Hope this information helps some of you. Again, this is only my experience and I DO NOT know if it is the same system used by all hr people.

Here is my personal experience. My hr rep told me that he assigns class dates (thus FOL's) based on the order in which he received people's clearances. He gets a list from DC telling him how many bodies he can put into a class and which type of bodies he can put there (i.e. people going to a certain artcc, tracon, tower). I am going to a center so I am only assuming its the same for tracon/tower people. He did tell me that its a bit easier to get class dates for tower folks...not really sure why. As he goes down his list of people who have received tol's and all their clearances, he sends out FOL's until that class is filled and then moves to the next class.

Each year they have a certain quota to fill for each area they represent. This is why I am still waiting. I went to the ft. worth pepci and afterwards my clearances took a bit longer while they were waiting for my military medical records. This ended up putting me at the bottom of the stack in his office, and then he hit his quota for the year for my center. So, now I am just sitting tight waiting for either a miracle spot to open up or the next fiscal year class date. All in all, his system makes sense to me and I have enjoyed the little bit of extra time to have an enjoyable summer. Hope this information helps some of you. Again, this is only my experience and I DO NOT know if it is the same system used by all hr people.

It's actually determined by the budget at your assigned facility, how many people they have hired and have trained to the number they were alloted for the fiscal year, and they also are going to try to make sure you're in a class with at least one other person going to the same facility as you (unless you're one of the rare people whom is the only new person being hired for your facility-- meaning you're going somewhere like Bumfu*k Northern Alaska).

Can anybody describe what a FOL looks like? It is a letter that is mailed, correct? Not an email? I travel quite a bit, so a heads up on what to tell my mail collector to look for would be appreciated.

Also, I'm assuming I passed the MMPI. I remember one person saying he was contacted right after he left his PEPC and was told he failed the psychological exam. Anybody heard anything about what they didn't pass?:drool:

Can anybody describe what a FOL looks like? It is a letter that is mailed, correct? Not an email? I travel quite a bit, so a heads up on what to tell my mail collector to look for would be appreciated.

Also, I'm assuming I passed the MMPI. I remember one person saying he was contacted right after he left his PEPC and was told he failed the psychological exam. Anybody heard anything about what they didn't pass?:drool:

From my understanding, the medical evaluation was completed at the PEPC. I made sure to ask that because I don't want to have to be retested and if I needed to, I would rather have done it over there instead of doing it on my own time. I never got a solid answer on the psych eval. I think I heard one of the test proctors say that they had a clinical pyschologist there who would interview you if your test came back with an unsatisfactory result. But I wasn't sure if I heard him correctly or not. I think it all boils down to the security clearance and drug test results. Did I miss anything?

Hey Acey97, I got a TOL to ZTL also! I went to the Memphis PEPC on the 21st, hopefully we'll meet in Ok.

Hey Acey97, I got a TOL to ZTL also! I went to the Memphis PEPC on the 21st, hopefully we'll meet in Ok.

Sounds good. I can't wait to get out there. Are you studying anything now in preparation? I have a friend at work who has introduced me to a guy who is currently working at ZTL. I am hoping to get some advice from him. If we're not going to be in OKC for several months, I figured I might as well be doing something productive.

I haven't gotten anything to start studying yet, but if you get some pointers on what we should look at before we go, I'd surely be in debt to you for some info. :)
I visited and listened in on at the Memphis ARTCC on the 22nd because my girlfriend's uncle works there as a controller and I was just amazed and enjoyed every moment there.

Well that makes 3 of us going to ZTL. I know a few people working there so I'm hoping to go tour it next month. Except for the coniditions of the building, I've heard some really good things about working there, so I'm excited to get started.

Got any idea where you want to live?? I am on the north side of Atlanta right now, but will have to move.

Well that makes 3 of us going to ZTL. I know a few people working there so I'm hoping to go tour it next month. Except for the coniditions of the building, I've heard some really good things about working there, so I'm excited to get started.

Do you know if they are backed up in the training process? I have heard people tell me I will be sitting around doing nothing for awhile once I get there.

From my understanding, the medical evaluation was completed at the PEPC. I made sure to ask that because I don't want to have to be retested and if I needed to, I would rather have done it over there instead of doing it on my own time. I never got a solid answer on the psych eval. I think I heard one of the test proctors say that they had a clinical pyschologist there who would interview you if your test came back with an unsatisfactory result. But I wasn't sure if I heard him correctly or not. I think it all boils down to the security clearance and drug test results. Did I miss anything?

One of the forms that we all should have received mentions that the psych. test will be evaluated by a psychiatrist.

I was told before I took my psych test that if the psychiatirsit determined that the results were not satisfactory, than you have to see a psychiatrist and complete another questionaire which is much loner, about 600 questions.

The only thing that is not complete as you mention earlier is psych evaluation, drug test, and background check.

One of the forms that we all should have received mentions that the psych. test will be evaluated by a psychiatrist.

I was told before I took my psych test that if the psychiatirsit determined that the results were not satisfactory, than you have to see a psychiatrist and complete another questionaire which is much loner, about 600 questions.

The only thing that is not complete as you mention earlier is psych evaluation, drug test, and background check.

Yeah the only thing I didn't catch was whether the psychiatrist was checking your test results at the PEPC or if they would be sent back to OKC? I would imagine the evaluation would take time, but then again I know they are trying to get things done quickly. I was surprised my medical evaluation was completed on site. I figured the EKG and all that would be kept in a record to be reviewed later. Maybe the psych eval was reviewed on site too??

Yeah the only thing I didn't catch was whether the psychiatrist was checking your test results at the PEPC or if they would be sent back to OKC? I would imagine the evaluation would take time, but then again I know they are trying to get things done quickly. I was surprised my medical evaluation was completed on site. I figured the EKG and all that would be kept in a record to be reviewed later. Maybe the psych eval was reviewed on site too??

From my understanding the psych test will not be reviewed at OKC.

from what i've heard also, if there was any problems with your test, you would have known it by now, and would have been contacted already.

Back