To You Colgan Q400 Folks...

since this is an "ATTN: Q400 crews" thread i feel compelled to add this one

Tell you co-workers to wear their ties. I dont mean in the plane, in the crew areas, etc, but in the terminal. I keep seeing guys in terminal C walking around sans tie and the top 2 shirt buttons undone. While still wearing wings, bars and presenting an ID. Wear it all or take it all off, but this halfway stuff just looks sloppy.

are you guys doing the long montreal or just a short one? Im going to miss that one if it goes away on our side.

Wasnt me, I overnighted there last night and left at 6am in a hurry.

as for the ties, ill get right on that and send out an all crews message

Tell you co-workers to wear their ties. I dont mean in the plane, in the crew areas, etc, but in the terminal. I keep seeing guys in terminal C walking around sans tie and the top 2 shirt buttons undone. While still wearing wings, bars and presenting an ID. Wear it all or take it all off, but this halfway stuff just looks sloppy.

are you guys doing the long montreal or just a short one? Im going to miss that one if it goes away on our side.

Typical old school Colgan guys, who feel the rules don't apply to them. Our apologies.

I'll be honest...I've NEVER seen that. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I just have never witnessed it myself--and I'd notice something like that. If it is happening, I don't think it's the senior guys, at least not the ones I know.

Same can be said for all airlines.

XJT FO's don't iron their shirts.

PDT FO's eppaulets look like hand me downs from their CA's. (The Sr. FO's)

Colgan FO's carry backpacks (OMG!!!)

I'll be honest...I've NEVER seen that. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I just have never witnessed it myself--and I'd notice something like that. If it is happening, I don't think it's the senior guys, at least not the ones I know.

I've seen it in Newark a handful of times. The best was a captain with a blazer and no tie. Classic.

EDIT: Pretty sure this was Colgan and not US Helicopter, as I don't think the US Helicopter guys have blazers.

Are the male Colgan FA's all supposed to have ties on?

I was riding on one the other week, and one was sporting the tie, and the other was sporting the 2 buttons undone look. Kinda strange.

ah, good question, Justin. If I'm not mistaken, there's a summer tie rule for the male FA's. They don't have to wear them on the plane, but DO in the terminal...I think....

On the other hand, the female FA's don't get to take any part of their uniform off in the summer months.

Yeah, once I hit that plane, off comes the tie. Gotta love clips ons ;).
I personally haven't seen any of my colegues walking around the terminals without one on. Not saying there aren't any, but I rarely see them. We do have a couple of folks, off the top of my head, that are anti-tie's in the summertime. But what are ya gonna do? Every company has em'. There's not much you can do about it.
But on the other hand there are those 6/7 leg days where at the end of my primary goal is to vacate the airplane as quickly as posible and get to the hotel van with very few people seeing my sloppy arse anyways :).

Just to set the record straight. Colgan PILOTS do not wear wings unless with their blazers. The FA's do with their white shirts. I have noticed a lot of the male FA's sport an outfit that looks like an incomplete pilot outfit. I think it looks like crap, but thats just one of many things I feel that way about here. Anyways I'm sure we have some tools running around with backpacks and ipods in with mirrored aviators on their head, but who doesn't.

Honestly, there is nothing that looks worse than a mismatched crew. one pilot wearing leather and one in the blazer, or one FA with a tine and one without looks absolutely hideous.

Back