To You Colgan Q400 Folks...

How do you feel about the female FA's? We have several different choices of uniform. Dress, skirt with blouse (either long or short-sleeved) blazer, vest with skirt or pants.

Just to set the record straight. Colgan PILOTS do not wear wings unless with their blazers. The FA's do with their white shirts. I have noticed a lot of the male FA's sport an outfit that looks like an incomplete pilot outfit. I think it looks like crap, but thats just one of many things I feel that way about here. Anyways I'm sure we have some tools running around with backpacks and ipods in with mirrored aviators on their head, but who doesn't.

Straighter yet... Colgan pilots are supposed to wear wings on either the blazer or shirt, whichever will be the outtermost garment, ala Express jet. It's in the summer section of the crewmember dresscode memo.

Nobody does though.

I like female FAs;)

Oh yeah, on subject....whoops

dress, skirt, pants, mostly all the same. If one is wearing a vest or blazer and one isn't, it looks quite awkward.

I'll be honest...I've NEVER seen that. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I just have never witnessed it myself--and I'd notice something like that. If it is happening, I don't think it's the senior guys, at least not the ones I know.

i know who this guy is and he doesn't give a F! cool guy but yes it does look pretty shabby

Honestly, there is nothing that looks worse than a mismatched crew. one pilot wearing leather and one in the blazer, or one FA with a tine and one without looks absolutely hideous.

Yeah, but I ain't calling my FO before a trip to coordinate. Sorry.

Ever see the movie 12 O'Clock High?

Its about a bomber squadron whose performance has deteriorated to the point they can find their butts with both hands.

How does the new guy fix the problem? From the first minute he starts ripping people about things like uniforms, salutes, etc.

Professionalism starts with the basics and goes right up the line to the important stuff. If you can't even wear your uniform correctly, your professional conduct in the rest of your job is seriously in question.

Ever see the movie 12 O'Clock High?

Its about a bomber squadron whose performance has deteriorated to the point they can find their butts with both hands.

How does the new guy fix the problem? From the first minute he starts ripping people about things like uniforms, salutes, etc.

Professionalism starts with the basics and goes right up the line to the important stuff. If you can't even wear your uniform correctly, your professional conduct in the rest of your job is seriously in question.

Bingo - greatest movie EVER.

You already upgraded? Damn Steve that was quick!

Uh, you missed that HUGE thread where I did a day-by-day breakdown of ground school, sim, OE, etc, huh? Nice to know my hard work was noticed. :)

Yeah, I finished upgrade training about a month and a half ago, and I'll be off high mins on my next trip. If all goes well, I'll keep my seat and my base for the near future. Not that we're keeping the ATL flying and taking delivery of the new planes in Jan-May 09, looks like I'll be okay.

Same can be said for all airlines.

XJT FO's don't iron their shirts.

PDT FO's eppaulets look like hand me downs from their CA's. (The Sr. FO's)

Colgan FO's carry backpacks (OMG!!!)

Nothing wrong with carrying a backpack! They're very convenient and hold a lot of my crap. I'm not spending $100 on a bag with a 1st year FO salary.

They're great for commuting - holds the laptop, headphones, iPod, PDA, bidding packet, books, magazines, etc.

since this is an "ATTN: Q400 crews" thread i feel compelled to add this one

Tell you co-workers to wear their ties. I dont mean in the plane, in the crew areas, etc, but in the terminal. I keep seeing guys in terminal C walking around sans tie and the top 2 shirt buttons undone. While still wearing wings, bars and presenting an ID. Wear it all or take it all off, but this halfway stuff just looks sloppy.

are you guys doing the long montreal or just a short one? Im going to miss that one if it goes away on our side.

We have a CA at PDT who wears a biker jacket, rolled up short sleeve pilot shirt, and cowboy boots... with his uniform. :D It's awesome. haha

Yes there is, your a pilot now act and look like one.

I completely disagree. I don't actually wear the backpack. I place it on top of my rollaboard. The only difference between a backpack and a duffel bag is the backpack has two straps.

I completely disagree. I don't actually wear the backpack. I place it on top of my rollaboard. The only difference between a backpack and a duffel bag is the backpack has two straps.

My bad, I read it as you where using a backpack in place of a kit bag.:crazy: A backpack like your using it looks ok. In fact I am looking for a set up like Doug has backpack / laptop case.

My bad, I read it as you where using a backpack in place of a kit bag.:crazy: A backpack like your using it looks ok. In fact I am looking for a set up like Doug has backpack / laptop case.

Ah okay... yeah I have an actual flight case, but I too am looking for a backpack that is made to hold a camera kit... I found one by Tamrac that holds three lenses including a 70-200mm lens, strobes, SLR body with attached lens, and various camera accessories...INCLUDING a laptop. But it's $99... can't afford it at the moment.

he he

What I think is the worst are the old US Airways F/A uniforms.. you know, the plain white shirt and the black pants.. looks rediculous, especially if you wear the black empy epaulets. I dunno how they could have passed that as an actual uniform for all this time. Luckily they are being replaced now and the new uniform actually looks pretty good. Lots of the girls are even wearing the little scarf thingy too, which I think looks awesome, kinda reminiscent of the good ol days..

The pilot leather jackets look dumb IMO. It would be one thing if you were flying an F14 500 knots with your hair on fire.. or even flying a crop duster or night cargo, but your flying a small regional A/C filled with passengers into Williamsport, PA. It just doesnt match what you are doing and looks dumb, IMO, as well as somewhat unprofessional. Especially if the other guy is wearing the blazer and hat, like someone else mentioned.

The blazer without the hat looks wierd too. Almost looks like a normal buisness suit.. but with strips on your sleeves... i duno I think it just looks wierd, plain, empty. Then again I dont like wearing just the white shirt with a hat, because if you wear the hat, you need the blazer, no blazer = no hat... i dunno to each his own I suppose.

Hat and blazer both tho just look goood :cool: *here come the men in black, meeenn in bllaacckk galaxy defenders,, whooaaaa yea yea*:rawk:

Straighter yet... Colgan pilots are supposed to wear wings on either the blazer or shirt, whichever will be the outtermost garment, ala Express jet. It's in the summer section of the crewmember dresscode memo.

Nobody does though.

This is correct. It also seconds this in the new US Airways impressions of excellence..

Uh, you missed that HUGE thread where I did a day-by-day breakdown of ground school, sim, OE, etc, huh? Nice to know my hard work was noticed. :)

Yeah, I finished upgrade training about a month and a half ago, and I'll be off high mins on my next trip. If all goes well, I'll keep my seat and my base for the near future. Not that we're keeping the ATL flying and taking delivery of the new planes in Jan-May 09, looks like I'll be okay.

Sorry man, I went back and read it. Belated congrats!!

Back