tHE LOWEST POSSIBLE SCORE THAT IS STILL ACCEPTABLE?

atchopefully

Well the title says it all! Anyone have or heard what score gets you an interview. Just got my results and Im pretty dissappointed with it 85.8! Still well qualified but at the bottom of the barrel has anyone been picked up in the qualified range?

Well the title says it all! Anyone have or heard what score gets you an interview. Just got my results and Im pretty dissappointed with it 85.8! Still well qualified but at the bottom of the barrel has anyone been picked up in the qualified range?

*sigh*

You're well qualified and you'll be thrown in with everyone else who is well qualified... as far as the FAA is concerned, you're the same as those who got 100s. They see you're well qualified and that's it.

Qualified people will be considered after the well qualified people.

People who fail would not be considered at all I imagine.

I didn't realize that they count all Well Qualified scores as the same.

I thought that they just start at the top scores and work their way down.

I didn't realize that they count all Well Qualified scores as the same.

I thought that they just start at the top scores and work their way down.

Watch out...that isn't the "in"thing to say. You are going to have 40 people come and freak out that you even mentioned a top down approach.:crazy:

Here is how applicants are stacked for the panels to hire from:

1. Well-qualified with Veteran's Preference points
2. Well-qualified without Veteran's Preference points
3. Qualified with Veteran's Preference
4. Qualified without Veteran's Preference

Your actual score is not seen by anyone.

What are vet preference points? Clicky

(I may have the order wrong... they may consider ALL vets before the rest but I think this is accurate)

BAM! 85.8 here too! Not in OKC yet but just waiting for FOL. It can be done!:drool:

lol no welfare experience here just like the screen name however weird it may sound. I've had it on my yahoo account for ages.

Hello all, just got my results not long ago(didn't do so hot, though;landed in the "qualified" category.:mad:) But I do have 5 points of veteran's points. I found this link for a slightly better explanation of the vet pref details, so I've got some hopes:

http://www.doi.gov/hrm/pmanager/st2d.html

Not to mention, I think there's this "rule of 3."

Vet, OTS, and another Vet. The two Vets get hired first, I believe.

i read on another thread the order they choose from:
1. Well qualified VRA
2.Well qualified OTS
3. Qualified VRA
4. Qualified OTS

i read on another thread the order they choose from:
1. Well qualified VRA
2.Well qualified OTS
3. Qualified VRA
4. Qualified OTS

It's on this thread :)

Although I feel like the qualified VRA would be selected before a well qualified OTS, but I don't actually know... it's just what makes sense in my head :panic:

It's on this thread :)

Although I feel like the qualified VRA would be selected before a well qualified OTS, but I don't actually know... it's just what makes sense in my head :panic:
Boy i have been spending way too much time on here! Too much random JC information.

There was a guy on here - qualified vet - and was offered a PEPC... if someone can find this post.

Wouldn't it be funny if the FAA just "said" that they grouped all the well-qualified together and ACTUALLY DID look at scores...

I'd laugh. hehe.

Hello everyone. I've been reading this forum since I applied but I never posted because my questions were answered on here a few times over and I assumed nothing would come of this FAA career. I also noticed I had one of the lowest scores on the ATSAT so kind of ruled the job out.

I did recieve an e-mail yesterday inviting me to the PEPC for my second choice, West Virginia. Just wanted to let those with only a "qualified" score know there is still hope! I barely passed and got a 72 so I really didn't think I'd get this far.

I do not have a college degree but I have been in the Air Force for nearly 10 years, maybe that helped. But I was really shocked to get on the referral list and now the PEPC invite.

quote from this thread: http://forums.jetcareers.com/air-tr...ews-for-february-applicants-9.html#post899652

Back