tHE LOWEST POSSIBLE SCORE THAT IS STILL ACCEPTABLE?

i read on another thread the order they choose from:
1. Well qualified VRA
2.Well qualified OTS
3. Qualified VRA
4. Qualified OTS

VRA is different from Vets preference...... here is how it goes..

1. Well Qualified VRA
2. Qualified VRA
3. Well Qualified CTI
4. Qualified CTI
5. Well Qualified Vets
6. Well Qualified OTS
7. Qualified Vets
8. Quallified OTS
9. Trained monkeys :D

Well that just added to the confusion :banghead:
What is the difference? (sorry, I'm clueless about military/govt. service)

VRA stands for Veterans Realignment act (or something similar to that) .... the wording of it basically says that if you served in a Combat zone or recieved one of several specific medals then you are eligible to be selected for a government job, non-competitively.... as some understand it it means a guaranteed Government job if we meet the eligibilty criteria....... However..... the FAA interprets it as if you were a Prior Controller in the Military, THEN you will be hired Non-competitively, that is why on ASAP you see separate Announcements for VRA than OTS.

Vets Preference is used in Competitive Bids for jobs. If you served in the Military during certain time periods and are discharged Honorably, then you get a certain amount of points added to your application. Either 5 or 10 points depending on several criteria. Normaly the government, when they set out to fill a job vacancy, they pull all the applications together and score everything on your resume, so many points for this, so many for that, and so on, then the Veterans either get a 5 or 10 point bonus added to their score, and then the person with the highesst amount of points wins...... Now, as we all know, the FAA does not follow the rules, they make their own, so what they do is group all the Well qualified together and the when the boards meet, they flag all the Vets, and the files for the Vets get put on the top of the stack and get hired first.

I hope that answered you question. And I am sorry for any SP or Grammer problems... it is 1:30 a.m.....don't feel like obsessing over it right now...:bandit:

VRA stands for Veterans Realignment act (or something similar to that) .... the wording of it basically says that if you served in a Combat zone or recieved one of several specific medals then you are eligible to be selected for a government job, non-competitively.... as some understand it it means a guaranteed Government job if we meet the eligibilty criteria....... However..... the FAA interprets it as if you were a Prior Controller in the Military, THEN you will be hired Non-competitively, that is why on ASAP you see separate Announcements for VRA than OTS.

Vets Preference is used in Competitive Bids for jobs. If you served in the Military during certain time periods and are discharged Honorably, then you get a certain amount of points added to your application. Either 5 or 10 points depending on several criteria. Normaly the government, when they set out to fill a job vacancy, they pull all the applications together and score everything on your resume, so many points for this, so many for that, and so on, then the Veterans either get a 5 or 10 point bonus added to their score, and then the person with the highesst amount of points wins...... Now, as we all know, the FAA does not follow the rules, they make their own, so what they do is group all the Well qualified together and the when the boards meet, they flag all the Vets, and the files for the Vets get put on the top of the stack and get hired first.

I hope that answered you question. And I am sorry for any SP or Grammer problems... it is 1:30 a.m.....don't feel like obsessing over it right now...:bandit:

Hell yeahs! It doesn't matter, anyone that passes that AT-SAT thingy is going to get hired anyway. I'd would say to start worrying about getting hired around 2015-17. I think they will get really picky then. The FAA is going to replace almost it's entire current workforce and then some.

Here is how applicants are stacked for the panels to hire from:

1. Well-qualified with Veteran's Preference points
2. Well-qualified without Veteran's Preference points
3. Qualified with Veteran's Preference
4. Qualified without Veteran's Preference

Your actual score is not seen by anyone.

What are vet preference points? Clicky

(I may have the order wrong... they may consider ALL vets before the rest but I think this is accurate)

This makes me wonder WHY almost everybody on here has to state their score at the bottom of every post! WHO CARES...it doesn't make you any better than anybody else...

This makes me wonder WHY almost everybody on here has to state their score at the bottom of every post! WHO CARES...it doesn't make you any better than anybody else...
Because almost everyone is curious how they did compared to everyone else, so this way we don't have to repeat ourselves.

Back