Oops!

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
Aww, I think they really like each other.

attachment.php

Attachments

• oops.jpg
    oops.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 357
You might be surprised at how much damage a person can do and still keep their job.

Yep. I've seen people drive belt loaders into a plane, then push a plane right back into another plane before. Same person. To my knowledge, they're still at SWA on the ramp. Pretty much as long as you say "Yeah, I goofed" and pass the drug test they give ya, odds of keeping your job are actually pretty good.

Nice how they seemed to put Tab B right into Slot A, though. Maybe they can come over and put together my new bookshelf.

How difficult is the concept of not pushing a plane backwards in a crowded ramp without some wing walkers?

And how difficult of a concept is it for wing walkers to actually look at the airplane and make sure it does not hit anything.

I wonder which of these was the case this time. Were you in one of the planes Ethan?

Nope. The picture isn't mine. I saw the 700 being towed away after though.

This is the THIRD time that they have put airplanes together in a year.

So elevator beats rudder. If we only knew what winglet beats, we could do a PSA version of rock paper scissors.

or maybe 200, 700 or 900?

Towing is risky business.

I was once a party to giving a King Air 200 hangar rash. We were stacking a hangar full of medium twins/turboprops and a few light jets, king air was going in the back corner....

I was wing walking, was watching the wingtip when I should've been watching the tail, ended up dinging the T-tail on a suppot column of the hangar wall.

They ended up demanding that the tug driver take drug test, he resigned instead. For some reason they didn't seem to want to drug test me. Maybe I look too nerdy to be a drug user.

At least we only took out one plane with that one......this kind of reminds me of the EWR incident a few years back when a CAL 737 winglet took out 3 expressjet ERJ tails in one swoop. They were sitting in the ballpark holding pad and the 737 taxied by on whatever that taxiway just north of the pad is (Y I think). That was ugly.

How difficult is the concept of not pushing a plane backwards in a crowded ramp without some wing walkers?

And how difficult of a concept is it for wing walkers to actually look at the airplane and make sure it does not hit anything.

Dont forget the concept of the marshaller or pushback coordinator to LOOK at his wingwalker!

Back