NYC PEPC People

Hey everyone, I am going to be flying out of the midwest to NY PEPC. I understand the interview is right next to JFK, however it is an arm and a leg to fly into that place!! How far is JFK from LGA realistically? If I fly into and out of LGA will I be ok? I plan on flying in the night before and then hopping a plane out of NY the day of the interview at about 7:30 p.m. Can I make it to LGA on time if the PEPC ends around 4:30. Also what is the cab fare going to look like from LGA to JFK? If it is ridiculous I might just fly into JFK anyway. Thanks for the help.

ditto. if anyone goes on monday maybe we can share the cab fare if we stay at the same place or something or a car or whatever.

Believe it or not, I'll be driving up from South Florida to attend the PEPC for either Monday or Tuesday. I'll stay at a friend's place and drive to the location.

I figure this would be a good opportunity for me to take a small road trip with a few stops along the way before being whisked away to OKC a few weeks later.

Hey everyone, I am going to be flying out of the midwest to NY PEPC. I understand the interview is right next to JFK, however it is an arm and a leg to fly into that place!! How far is JFK from LGA realistically? If I fly into and out of LGA will I be ok? I plan on flying in the night before and then hopping a plane out of NY the day of the interview at about 7:30 p.m. Can I make it to LGA on time if the PEPC ends around 4:30. Also what is the cab fare going to look like from LGA to JFK? If it is ridiculous I might just fly into JFK anyway. Thanks for the help.

It's about a 15-18 minute drive, but give it 30-45 minutes at rush hour. I'm going to take a guess, and say you're looking at a ~$30 cab fare (sans tip). It is very reasonable, especially considering that LGA is more of a "locals", smaller airport, and you'll get in/out much faster than JFK, which is international, and absolutely insane.

If you want something ritzy (other than a normal cabbie), try Caprice Car Service @ (718) 424-9300. They're cheap, reliable, and polite.

Hope this helps...

I am flying in on the 8th and leaving the 10th for my July 9 PEPC date and will hopefully get to see some of the city on my down time.

Blu grass~

Thanks a ton for the info...do you know if it leaves from a particular terminal or area? I am definitely flying into LGA much cheaper. Also, since you are such a wealth of knowledge do you know of any cheap hotels in the area, let me rephrase that, less expensive hotels. The lowest I can find is 150 a night. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

oh shat lol totally busted. i'm really not that expierenced when it comes to ny. i just travel there like every other month so i know about the shuttle lol. and idk...it's like right outside of baggage. I fly Delta...so outside Delta baggage I suppose....there are signs tho. And hotel wise...i'm not sure. I'm staying near JFK....you can get something on hotwire for 109 + taxes..and i know HoJos is cheap. I imagine they aren't the nicest places to stay but I'm only going for the night.

yeah.. IM IN THERE!!!

ill see some of you guys there thursday.. :D

if anybody needs info about there area.. i live 5min away and go to that building all the time.. i use to work there

just an update... I received an email to fill out three forms and fax it to some guy in OKC, as well as send in my transcripts from college. I just faxed the forms off this past night.

waiting on confirmation of the particular PEPC date (I selected the 9th)

Hopefully it's not too soon, but I also bought flight tickets and reserved a few nights at the Howard Johnson JFK.

ok.. my stomach went into my throat!! ive been reading the post and i see people have to get there college transcripts.. i was going to a CTI school and then my last semester i totally bombed beacause i stoped going to school for a different career choice. :banghead: im now leaving that career choice to go back to air traffic. im so terrified that ive done all this to be turned away at the sight if my transcript my last semester.. im scared to death!!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

i can only be mad at myself tho

ok.. my stomach went into my throat!! ive been reading the post and i see people have to get there college transcripts.. i was going to a CTI school and then my last semester i totally bombed beacause i stoped going to school for a different career choice. :banghead: im now leaving that career choice to go back to air traffic. im so terrified that ive done all this to be turned away at the sight if my transcript my last semester.. im scared to death!!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

i can only be mad at myself tho

it's a formality that is asked to everyone. Do not panic.
officerBarbrady.gif

just an update... I received an email to fill out three forms and fax it to some guy in OKC, as well as send in my transcripts from college. I just faxed the forms off this past night.

waiting on confirmation of the particular PEPC date (I selected the 9th)

Hopefully it's not too soon, but I also bought flight tickets and reserved a few nights at the Howard Johnson JFK.

I wish these emails went out somewhat uniformly. I replied two days ago for the 7th, and haven't heard back yet or got the email for the forms. (Which would be great to start)

I wish these emails went out somewhat uniformly. I replied two days ago for the 7th, and haven't heard back yet or got the email for the forms. (Which would be great to start)

Don't fret it...the "forms" we keep referring to are 3 pieces of paper that take a total of 5 minutes to fill out. No worries! The REAL paperwork will come at the PEPC with the SF-85 and 86. etc...

I finally got my email about the PEPC but now I'm waiting to get the confirmation email back... I picked July 9th. I'm just going to plan on flying in on the 8th and flying back out the night of the 9th. Until then...more waiting...

Back