NYC PEPC People

Anyone find a decent hotel? Most are in the $200+ range, the Howard Johnson is cheap but it looks pretty shady from the pictures i've seen.

I was going to book the days inn in Jamaica, it's like $200 too, but it looks pretty close and not to shady.

I still need to get a confirmation for a firm date though.

What airport is everyone flying into? I would like to get in and out in the same day but I'm not sure if that is possible. Looking at a $300+ roundtrip ticket and then spending $150+ on a hotel makes for an expensive trip, worth it yes, but still expensive. Even if I have to take a red eye one night I would be fine with that. Which airports would be a decent commute to the interview center? I will be flying out of the midwest so most major airlines will get me to the east coast, Southwest, American, United, etc. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

What airport is everyone flying into? I would like to get in and out in the same day but I'm not sure if that is possible. Looking at a $300+ roundtrip ticket and then spending $150+ on a hotel makes for an expensive trip, worth it yes, but still expensive. Even if I have to take a red eye one night I would be fine with that. Which airports would be a decent commute to the interview center? I will be flying out of the midwest so most major airlines will get me to the east coast, Southwest, American, United, etc. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
The PEPC is maybe a half mile from JFK. Look it up on google maps, it's right across the street practically.

I don't know if this is of any help to anyone, but as a local, I know of a cute and clean hotel/hostel in Manhattan for $39/night, if you don't mind taking a short train ride to and from the PEPC. You'd get the NYC experience in the mix, too.

(Broadway Hotel and Hostel on W. 101st St.)

EDIT: Also, I don't mean to scare anyone, but wherever you do stay (esp. in the Jamaica/Queens area)...you MUST exercise some basic city-going safety precautions - i.e. don't walk around after dark by yourself, in unfamiliar, poorly-lit areas, don't leave your car with expensive items in sight (or leave it unlocked, even at the ATM or when driving), wear your money and ID as close to your person as you can, and don't leave without having a slice of pizza, a bagel, and a Long Island Iced Tea. :laff:

LOL @ short train ride... from 101st & broadway you'll be lucky to get there in under 90 minutes cause that will involve taking the 1 (runs local) to times square and then the E to get to the airtrain, but it's definetly doable considering I'd be taking the A all the way from Wash Heights:D

I replied to my E-mail on Friday the 20th, and chose NY, should i be worried if i haven't heard back by today? Cause it is starting to worry me haha.:whatever:

LOL @ short train ride... from 101st & broadway you'll be lucky to get there in under 90 minutes cause that will involve taking the 1 (runs local) to times square and then the E to get to the airtrain, but it's definetly doable considering I'd be taking the A all the way from Wash Heights:D

90?!?!? Since when? 90 is here (eastern Suffolk Co.) to Queens with moderate traffic.

Dealing with the LIRR only is different from coming from that far north in manhattan cause it would involve subway, LIRR, & airtrain... or just subway & airtrain regardless

:rawk: So I received the email that i have a spot reserved at the NY PEPC like 20 seconds after my last post so I am no longer worried hahaha! YAY!

I am coming from the stop before last on the 1 train (238), imagine how long my travel time is going to be....

I still haven't heard anything, and it's 6:00 EST here. I tried calling OKC about an hour ago but couldn't get a hold of anyone.:(

:rawk: So I received the email that i have a spot reserved at the NY PEPC like 20 seconds after my last post so I am no longer worried hahaha! YAY!

After you've been selected, what does the ASAP page reflect? Does it still say your application is being reviewed?

I haven't heard anything and I guess I want to console myself by thinking I still have a shot.

ASAP will remain unchanged from this point on. There are students at the Academy who's ASAP still says you may or may not be contacted.

You'll get an email, just be patient. I don't think that they will be pushing emails like they were doing for the last week for the selection. Remember people have until the 27th of this month to respond.

Patience is a vitrue. I'm anxious, but I am anxiously waiting.

anybody get a day/time confirmed yet?

I sent in the email choosing my location, got a message back saying pick a day and email this person, I wrote them and nothing yet, maybe they're waiting for the deadline to assign everyone, who knows.

I spoke to Caroline Chambers today. She told me that the conformation emails would be going out last night and today. She didn't ask who I was, which I took to mean, that if you received the first email you should expect conformation.

:banghead: people have already heard back for the NY PEPC and are selecting dates and im still waiting for my first letter about holding me a spot..

its official im going :panic: nuts... i live in new york and still have not heard back... would hate to have to do it the TRADITIONAL WAY..

PATIENCE MY BUTT

:yeahthat: word, I'm really trying to attend the NYC PEPC....Caroline still has her "I will be out the office" voicemail message up too HA

Back