Pinnacle lat move?

TheOneMarine

Talking to my old flight instructor at X-Jet, he was telling me maybe I should lateral to Pinnacle (for those who don't know, I'll be furloughed as of June 30 from PSA). Anyone at Pinnacle that can say how things are on the other side? Any PSA guys think this is a good or bad idea? Thoughts, comments, concerns welcome.

From what I understand, quite a bit. I just don't know if I want to go through the training again or wait out my furlough at PSA

I'm in my 4th week of class. Last week they canceled all future new hire classes. Everyone was put into a pool.

PM sent

As of right now I know everybody is being put into a pool; until, the whole issue with Delta is sorted out. Currently sitting in the pool right now and waiting. Was suppose to start on a July 14th class date; however, they pooled everybody from the June 16/June 30th/July 14th class date and are going to start calling people back based on already issued class dates. Not even sure if they are still interviewing at this time. Just an FYI...wouldn't hurt to send in your paper work for an interview. Sorry on the F*$@gh! Wish ya the best of luck!

Do you want to be at the bottom of another list? However over the years 9E has constantly has quick movement. Take that as you wish though. I would also say you really have no reason to be loyal to PSA as of right now though. They really have done NOTHING for you. Lastly 9E does have one of the harder if not hardest interviews out there. So if you are considering it be sure to start studying up!

Yeah but they are hiring people conditionally with less than ATP minimums and if hired, the applicant can call them back when they hit 1500TT and then they get put in class.

I appreciate the thought but I'm no where near the times required. I'd be on that list for a long time.

Dang. Through the Mesa Exception, they'll reduce the mins to 850TT if you have previous 121 time. SkyWest is running Bro classes each month. I'd recommend ASA but I'm not sure if they are running classes right now.

Dang. Through the Mesa Exception, they'll reduce the mins to 850TT if you have previous 121 time. SkyWest is running Bro classes each month. I'd recommend ASA but I'm not sure if they are running classes right now.

ASA is hiring into a pool still. Lots of swimming this summer!

Yeah but they are hiring people conditionally with less than ATP minimums and if hired, the applicant can call them back when they hit 1500TT and then they get put in class.

They hired 5 people with less that ATP mins. The Union put a stop to it. It's in their contract that you must have atp mins. 1 coincidentally failed out.

Talking to my old flight instructor at X-Jet, he was telling me maybe I should lateral to Pinnacle (for those who don't know, I'll be furloughed as of June 30 from PSA). Anyone at Pinnacle that can say how things are on the other side? Any PSA guys think this is a good or bad idea? Thoughts, comments, concerns welcome.

No offense, but you don't want to walk from one shiite storm to another. If you are getting furloughed I would instruct build your time and do some freight. You have the ticket back to your company so go for the money and don't sacrifice QOL by going to the bottom of a regional. On this market 6-800 hours isn't going to mean what it did in '07. I say build your time and resume. Just out of curiosity why 9E? They have the worst FO pay and some of the worst work rules? Not to mention the big ? on the Delta flying and the upcoming merger between DAL/NWA. I feel like there are two types of people in this industry pilots and airline pilots. Pilots will find a way to make a buck and airline pilots will sacrifice QOL to put on the uniform. I hope you find something good either way, but atleast you will get your # back eventually at Express Jet.

Back