Pinnacle lat move?

Hell arent those 1500TT and 1000ME?

You say that like thats a lot?

No kidding.

Ray, sorry to hijack your thread. You really need to look out for number one. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, I'm sorry to see you guys hitting the street. You've really taken this news with an extremely positive attitude and it shows professionalism on your part. Some of your PSA brothers who still have jobs could learn a valuable lesson from how you've dealt with such a crappy situation.

I'd consider leaving to go to Compass if I lived up there. A press release put out my NWA today said they are grounding their mainline fleet and increasing regional flying at Compass significantly. Plus, NWA/DAL will probably be the last to fall in terms of majors, US Air looks like it will be the first.

They hired 5 people with less that ATP mins. The Union put a stop to it. It's in their contract that you must have atp mins. 1 coincidentally failed out.

No offense, but you don't want to walk from one shiite storm to another. If you are getting furloughed I would instruct build your time and do some freight. You have the ticket back to your company so go for the money and don't sacrifice QOL by going to the bottom of a regional. On this market 6-800 hours isn't going to mean what it did in '07. I say build your time and resume. Just out of curiosity why 9E? They have the worst FO pay and some of the worst work rules? Not to mention the big ? on the Delta flying and the upcoming merger between DAL/NWA. I feel like there are two types of people in this industry pilots and airline pilots. Pilots will find a way to make a buck and airline pilots will sacrifice QOL to put on the uniform. I hope you find something good either way, but atleast you will get your # back eventually at Express Jet.

This is more what I am leaning towards anyways. Just testing my options and this is one lead someone gave me. Honestly, I really wish I had 135 mins. I would give a lot to be flying solo 210 stuff or light twins. I really DO NOT want to go back to square one anyway and with a family, having to go through 6 weeks of training would be a bit more than I would want to deal with. Anyone know if ACC is hiring or any VFR freight companies in midwest or FL?

Funniest post of the day...

When in the past was having 1000ME something you needed for a regional? NEVER! EVER! Now TT is one thing, but 1000ME give me a break. However the fact is at Compass both pilots get types thus the reason for it. Heck many of our CA's here at Regionals were hired with less then 2000TT. And I can guarantee none of them when hired into a jet had 1000ME.

This just shows how Compass is looking for the former 121 guys/135.... def. not a place you go right after being a CFI due to barely any CFI's having the ME.

When in the past was having 1000ME something you needed for a regional? NEVER! EVER!

Wanna bet? There was a time, not that long ago that you needed 2-3,000TT and a corresponding amount of multi to get into a San Antonio Sewer Pipe (Metroliner) or a flying Box (Shorts). I guess you're technically correct because these were not "regionals" but rather "commuters."

I say good for Compass on raising their selectivity bar. If they can fill the classes with these minimums then fine.

Wanna bet? There was a time, not that long ago that you needed 2-3,000TT and a corresponding amount of multi to get into a San Antonio Sewer Pipe (Metroliner) or a flying Box (Shorts). I guess you're technically correct because these were not "regionals" but rather "commuters."

I say good for Compass on raising their selectivity bar. If they can fill the classes with these minimums then fine.

Not saying you didnt have to get 2000-3000hours... I'm saying it was never 1000ME as well..... If you can find the old stuff that said that post it. I'm saying even 4-5 years ago to get on with a regional you wouldnt have needed that much ME..... Thats all.

Minimums were that high because of the amount of experience that was on the street. Thats why minimums are going back up again due to the current state of the industry.

Posted minumums were never that high... but competetive times were. I know people that had 8-900 hours in seminoles not getting calls post 9-11.

I wouldn't drop my sen. number to run to 9E right now. I'd get outta the game for a bit, and reevalutae my situation.

Ok..I agree about the thread drift, but dialogs get started...

I'm talking 15yrs ago guys needing thousands of hours just to get into a Shorts Skybox for Eagle. They'd be out there flying Navajos, Barons, etc until then.

Post 9-11 the hiring stopped except for a few carriers like Commutair who took furloughed guys from CoEx who already had 1900 time.

As for the poster, I'd look for a freight gig before I'd go to 9E. Nothing against Pinnacle, but you'd be better off in the long run getting some more time. I think Pinnacle will be ok in the short term despite the DL screw-job going on. How the DL/NWA merger plays out in the long term is a huge variable.

They hired 5 people with less that ATP mins. The Union put a stop to it. It's in their contract that you must have atp mins. 1 coincidentally failed out.

I know one of the people you're talking about. Hired with less than 1000TT and nobody knew what to do when they got towards the end of training and everyone realized new-hires have to get the ATP.

I was referring to something different.

They will interview people with less than 1500TT and if they like them and they do well in the interview, they will hire them and tell them to call Compass as they approach 1500TT so they can get the class date set up. They don't get seniority until they get to class but if you're at 1300TT then you can indeed interview at Compass and call them up when you're at 1490 and say you'll be ready for class in a week or two.

Obviously this will be going on for no more than another few months since Compass will probably stop hiring when they reach around 360-400 pilots.

If you get furloughed apply everywhere. I dont know if pinnacle makes you resign your seniority number. If you do, i heard most airlines will take you back anyway when its time to recall. You dont know how long this furlough is going to last. So to just wait it out, is a bad idea. Fly for pinnacle, skywest, or whoever is still hiring. Heck go look for a non flying job if you want. but you cant just sit around and wait hoping its a short recall. The NW furloughs at pinnacle thought they would be recalled within a year and half MAX they were out like 5 years! you just never know

When in the past was having 1000ME something you needed for a regional? NEVER! EVER! Now TT is one thing, but 1000ME give me a break. However the fact is at Compass both pilots get types thus the reason for it. Heck many of our CA's here at Regionals were hired with less then 2000TT. And I can guarantee none of them when hired into a jet had 1000ME.

This just shows how Compass is looking for the former 121 guys/135.... def. not a place you go right after being a CFI due to barely any CFI's having the ME.

Hell AWAC required 500 turbine "back in the day". That was around 2000-ish, just prior to 9/11.

There were people in my class that had 1000+ TPIC in 1900s and Saabs. And they weren't furloughs. But there were also people with <500 TT. So you might want to take your guarantee and well, crap in a box, and slap it on the side. Because that's all it is. :)

(Tommy Boy reference)

Hell AWAC required 500 turbine "back in the day". That was around 2000-ish, just prior to 9/11.

There were people in my class that had 1000+ TPIC in 1900s and Saabs. And they weren't furloughs. But there were also people with <500 TT. So you might want to take your guarantee and well, crap in a box, and slap it on the side. Because that's all it is. :)

(Tommy Boy reference)

Thats because Air Whisky had the 146's and was "better" than most regionals around 2000.(love the TB ref!)

If Northwest furloughs only the top 10% of the list stay at compass. Even then they are all forced to the bottom. The only way you are protected is if you turned down the flow. Since the company hasn't existed for 30 months no one has had that opportunity yet.

(Tommy Boy reference)

Where'd they get the Saab and 1900 time? Colgan? :) Wonder what they had before they got that job.

Back