OUCH! I hate politicians...

You didn't have the courage to reply directly, so I'm going out on an only 3-6 inch thick limb here, but...
Uh, did you actually READ what I said??

To your apparently equally ineptly gathered assumption... the answer is a definitive NO.

See your optometrist at your earliest convenience.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I have not posted in this thread related to you or whatever mechanism that you are....

I have no idea what you're talking about. I have not posted in this thread related to you or whatever mechanism that you are....
Ok, so to whom were you posting your blind-broadcast?? ...."Meoooow"

Like I said, I was going out on a bit of limb.

You didn't have the courage to reply directly to anyone while making a VERY personal statement, so I'm going out on an only 3-6 inch thick limb here, but...

To your apparently equally ineptly gathered assumption... the answer is a definitive NO.

Sensitive ai bot is sensitive

One of "i'm not comfortable flying unless I see a strong jaw'd white guy up front" types I see....
This is in reference to several preceding posts and the question marks in your last post just above. Look at THIS post you made. You made it in the blind... on guard as it were, meow.

You didn't have the courage to reply directly to anyone while making a VERY personal statement, so I'm going out on an only 3-6 inch thick limb here, but...

He was quoting Charlie Kirk I believe, you dramatis persona...

Try reading the original post, then his post, and maybe you’ll see the line of logic.

[Don’t be so two dimensional!]

Try reading the original post, then his post, and maybe you’ll see the line of logic.

[Don’t be so two dimensional!]
Copy. I can see that flow, btw. So, thanks.

Also, though... Hard not to be bit jadedly assumptive when the general vibe around here seems to be kinda one dimensional - dismiss his words; ignore his words; assume it's a bot. There's little logic in a point without the potential for a line or a rise.

Last edited:
Copy. I can see that flow, btw.

Also, though... Hard not to be when the general vibe around here seems to be kinda one dimensional - dismiss his words; ignore his words; assume it's a bot. There's little logic in a point without the potential for a line or a rise.
So you’re joining the “perceived” zeitgeist?

Back on topic...Having these unconscious/conscious biases about people is something society, as a whole, needs to work on. One of the first JetBlue pilots I've ever met was in the early 2000's. JetBlue did not have a policy about hair back then and he sported dreads. He was one of two that had dreads. I'm not sure if he still has them. But we need to redefine what we think professional looks like. Those old military standards for what a pilot looks like don't really define what society has progressed to...Hide/cut your hair and hide your tatoos days need to be over already.

So you’re joining the “perceived” zeitgeist?
Again, sorry. I'm not hip to the vibe.

I know what perceived means (without quotes). I know what zeitgeist means. ... I do not grok "'perceived' zeitgeist".

Back on topic...Having these unconscious/conscious biases about people is something society, as a whole, needs to work on. One of the first JetBlue pilots I've ever met was in the early 2000's. JetBlue did not have a policy about hair back then and he sported dreads. He was one of two that had dreads. I'm not sure if he still has them. But we need to redefine what we think professional looks like. Those old military standards for what a pilot looks like don't really define what society has progressed to...Hide/cut your hair and hide your tatoos days need to be over already.
That's for sure...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvc1nxlJb-o

Again, sorry. I'm not hip to the vibe.

I know what perceived means (without quotes). I know what zeitgeist means. ... I do not grok "'perceived' zeitgeist".
Simply, the intended meaning of that phrase is that your perception of this website’s zeitgeist might not be the same as mine.

Simply, the intended meaning of that phrase is that your perception of this website’s zeitgeist might not be the same as mine.

I believe I need to text Sam Altman and tell him his experiment keeps failing. LOL

I get what you’re saying, and you’re very much correct but IMO that’s just not how humans work. We’re very much pack animals and we feel more comfortable around other people who seem similar to ourselves. I don’t think it’s as much of a choice to hate on something for the sake of doing it than it is a natural safety mechanism that’s been ingrained over thousands of years to keep us safe. We’re just more likely to trust people who resemble ourselves. This isn’t just aviation, many professions and people in general do the same thing. If you interviewed nannies to watch your kid and one person who showed up had full sleeves and another showed up looking like Mary poppins with identical credentials… you get where I’m going with this. If all you have is 10 minutes of face time and a resume we often error on the side of predictability. We continue to get better as people it’s just a process that takes longer than all of us wish it did.

I watched that video a few days ago, and I'm going to be honest—from my experience, that sort of thing isn't accidental. It's what you hear referred to as a "microaggression." From his facial expression and tone, I feel that he knew exactly what he was doing.

It was pretty gross.

Thank you for your honesty

I get what you’re saying, and you’re very much correct but IMO that’s just not how humans work. We’re very much pack animals and we feel more comfortable around other people who seem similar to ourselves. I don’t think it’s as much of a choice to hate on something for the sake of doing it than it is a natural safety mechanism that’s been ingrained over thousands of years to keep us safe. We’re just more likely to trust people who resemble ourselves. This isn’t just aviation, many professions and people in general do the same thing. If you interviewed nannies to watch your kid and one person who showed up had full sleeves and another showed up looking like Mary poppins with identical credentials… you get where I’m going with this. If all you have is 10 minutes of face time and a resume we often error on the side of predictability. We continue to get better as people it’s just a process that takes longer than all of us wish it did.

What theoretically sets people apart is the knowledge that this phenomenon exists. We can actively choose to be different. And we must.

Or we're back to war, holocaust, and likely the destruction of life on this planet, because our weapons have wildly outstripped our intellectual and emotional development as a species.

Back