It’s Not Worth Showing Off

you know, sadly, I don’t have a single urbster. An oversight.

I do like the periphery thought, though. I’ve got a couple companies of FWL mechs… maybe do some up Taurens.

that would be fun. I’ve also been tempted to do some Team Bonzai.
I wanted to name one of the bands I was in “The Hong Kong Cavaliers” and none of them knew WTF I was talking about.

I wanted to name one of the bands I was in “The Hong Kong Cavaliers” and none of them knew WTF I was talking about.
Lol there’s maybe 700 people in the US that would get that immediately. Would they at least settle for the Blue Blazers?

Edit. Just reading a bit of Sarna. Apparently Team Banzai had their own JumpShip… the Nth Dimension. Perfect.

Last edited:
I would get it, as I watched BB at a very tender age, thanks to the student who sold my school-teacher mother pirated VHS tapes at what I would imagine was a significant discount. Not sure she was teaching him the proper respect for the Law, but via what I now imagine to be her *extremely* cursory inspection of just what exactly I was going to be viewing, I learned a lot!

Yes, I can comment on it, based on the comments I’ve heard from FOs and FAs I’ve flown with when they share their personal experiences. That is what I said in the first place. The general consensus seems to be that dating today is hard, harder than it used to be in the past.

Your question is dumb. No one can know if the person they chose was their soulmate, because they didn’t go through 3 billion women in the world, sample all, and decide this was the one. People meet those who are around them. Eg, you’ll date inside the LA crowd. The internet changed that, and people can now meet online almost anywhere. But even then they aren’t meeting hundreds and thousands of people.

You’ll never know if this person was your soulmate. It may feel like it, but technically speaking, you’ll never know if there was someone else out there who would have been a more perfect soulmate.

You make fun of our way, that’s fine. Divorces in this country are over 50% so let’s not pretend like your way is more successful. Frankly, I’d rather a family vouch for someone, and family is huge in our culture. it adds a layer to someone else’s name, background.

You were married right? But not anymore? Soulmate or roommate? How’d your fight of wading through the dating pool, going through multiple girls, finally finding one, settling down, but in the end it still broke up / ended, she’s gone, and you’re at square one?

Don’t tell me - it isn’t my business. Just making a point. Dating didn’t do jack for the divorce that was years later.
I'm not going to argue this with you. This is why Islam is not compatible with modern society 2024. Did your wife have a hidden crush on a boy in High School or did she know she was your betrothed from kindergarten? It's not about you, it's not supposed to be indentured servitude, it's supposed to a partnership.

Lol there’s maybe 700 people in the US that would get that immediately. Would they at least settle for the Blue Blazers?

Edit. Just reading a bit of Sarna. Apparently Team Banzai had their own JumpShip… the Nth Dimension. Perfect.
Back in the old career - around 2006 or so, I was hanging out with a client at an event my
Company was hosting. Good guy, we got along okay.

He gets a cell phone call and his ring tone is the theme from Buckaroo Banzai.

We’ve been close ever since.

I'm not going to argue this with you. This is why Islam is not compatible with modern society 2024. Did your wife have a hidden crush on a boy in High School or did she know she was your betrothed from kindergarten? It's not about you, it's not supposed to be indentured servitude, it's supposed to a partnership.

Where did you see me write Islam anywhere? Or betrothed? Or indentured servitude?

I said my family knew my mom’s family who knew another family. And I said culture.

Not religion.

Dang. Sarna.net. And I thought I was the only one who wasted time there.

A lot of time.

Nah there’s a lot of us out there now. BattleTech is having a sort of renaissance right now.
There's a strong case to be made that 75+% of pilots under 50 are autistic anime geeks. I look forward to taking all of their lunch money before slam-clicking and playing video games.

There's a strong case to be made that 75+% of pilots under 50 are autistic anime geeks. I look forward to taking all of their lunch money before slam-clicking and playing video games.
Maybe. Sadly I’m not an anime geek. I’ve tried, and I SHOULD be weeb as hell. Like those are my people! Just can’t stand it.

Also “give me your lunch money, nerd!”

*slam click and spends the next four hours playing Ni no Kuni*

I was in a hotel recently that had an anime convention…I just don’t get it…on so many levels.

Back at the beginning of November I took a few of my wingmen to Japan, used some passes. They’re weeb as all hell. Among other places, we literally spent five days in Akihabara, which pretty much ground zero for anime/cosplay/geekery in Japan. I really wanted to find some sort of anime I could get into, I couldn’t. I think it’s the eyes, they all have eyes as big as baseballs somehow stuffed in those tiny heads…creeps me right the hell out.

I’ll not get started on the other bits that are vastly, overwhelmingly, too big…

I didn’t get friends, or Seinfeld for that matter...

Nah there’s a lot of us out there now. BattleTech is having a sort of renaissance right now.

Mechwarrior 5 is my jam far more than call of duty or some similar shooter.

My 8 year old is also enthusiastically into the idea but he manages heat about as well as you’d expect. I basically built him a bunch of assault and heavy class but stripped them down to 65-70% of weapons and then just run him through levels on easy to make the difference competitive enough.

Between this and world of tanks he gets plenty of shooter time so as to not completely suck at it the first time he’s over at some other kids house playing Fortnite or something for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back