Youtuber Fatal Crash

Same. Flew with the 74Gear guy and wasn’t looking forward to it at all. His videos are a bit clickbaity for me and GENERALLY the people who need attention aren’t my cup of tea. He was extremely professional, pleasant, and didn’t bring up the channel until one of the ground ops people did.

I like his videos in general....Seems like he's more into giving your average pilot's take on various aviation topics. Less of the "Here I am getting my breakfast....here I am holding court with the crew.....here I am working out before I become god's gift to the skies."

Hate to be that guy,but do yall think that CFI would have been as “invested” if she was just an average country bumpkin trying to get her ticket? “I used to instruct that hot blonde from YouTube” sounds a lot better to your new regional bros than “yeah I instructed Marge from TYS,she’s got a channel on YT but she doesn’t have the rizz”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If I was actively teaching still, I'd want nothing to do with an influencer type. Especially during actual lessons. I'll teach you to fly right, but we aren't playing wannabee celebrity.

The quality of Monday morning quarterbacking on this forum is actually quite good.

First, we understand we are speculating based on limited information and are open to modify our speculation as more information is revealed.

Second, most of us are pretty respectful when addressing accidents with casualties.

Third, even when we are wrong, interesting and beneficial conversations result.

Fourth, few of us are awestruck by the NTSB. They usually get the basic facts correct but everything else often falls short. Many folks on here have an intimate knowledge of the carriers and crews involved in accidents, the NTSB does not.

Fifth, it’s natural to comment on news.

Sixth, is it morbid? I don’t think so. Talking about life and death is natural byproduct of living in society. I haven’t seen anybody on here wanting to see the bloody aftermath - that would be morbid. It would be morbid to focus on death, most of us are engaged in conversations about what makes planes crash.
I agree with all of this with the exception of the fourth comment regarding the NTSB. We are in awe because it seems as if they have the investigative competency to actually figure out the root cause of an accident and explain it. Unfortunately, or not, they are the investigative branch and the FAA is the enforcement branch, all the NTSB can do is make recommendations after an investigation. Supposing they don't interview everyone tangentially close to an accident seems myopic.

I think the difference for me is “look at the awesome things I get to do/see” vs “look at me doing these things.

I know it’s cool to hate what we do, but we really do get to see and do some badass things.

This is really well said.

There was a prominent member here who made an early/mid 2000’s video of his time flying around in an RJ, and it was awesome. No humans shown other than an occasional arm doing something, just cool clips of flying in and out of clouds into cool airports.

It was pretty cool/inspirational and you’d have no idea who made it.

I don’t. It’s a YouTube that came up in a short format.

You realize YouTube is a social media platform, right?

This is really well said.

There was a prominent member here who made an early/mid 2000’s video of his time flying around in an RJ, and it was awesome. No humans shown other than an occasional arm doing something, just cool clips of flying in and out of clouds into cool airports.

It was pretty cool/inspirational and you’d have no idea who made it.

You realize YouTube is a social media platform, right?

I'll watch youtube clips and browse and post on forums like JetCareers. Difference is, you can find movies and documentaries on youtube. I don't care for stupid content made by John "dont vax me" Doe and Jane "I'll let my kid choose gender" Smith.

I don't do FB, TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat.

And, I also don't recall youtube shorts existing from the get go in 2005. Youtube shorts seems to be the answer to the TikTok. A quick 10-15 second video clip, because they know that's the length of Gen Z's attention span.

You talking about the dude that keeps saying “crispy”?

He’s at your dream air line now
I liked the guy (dating myself here….) who was SMOOOOOOOooooooooth, and flew airplanes that are a part of a weird cult that Hollywood and Clearwater are drawn to.

I liked the guy (dating myself here….) who was SMOOOOOOOooooooooth, and flew airplanes that are a part of a weird cult that Hollywood and Clearwater are drawn to.

CA Caneman….flying in my jettttttttttt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m kind of liking this trend of just arbitrarily redefining stuff to meet one’s personal needs. I can use that, I think.

Not really.

@mikecweb assertion was BS to begin with:

"For someone that claims to not participate in social media, you sure seem to know alot about umm social media."

The implication being, you must participate in something to know about that thing. Is a false equivalency.

Similarly, I am NOT on all those platforms mentioned (FB, Tiktok, Instagram, Snapchat). I watch youtube videos and documentaries. What started me with me clicking a Swayne video led to an algorithm suggested video by United pilot with the hair. That generated the Morgan SW pilot and this Frontier gym pilot. I try to ignore them, and watch my normal movies and documentaries, and the algorithm finds more of that for recommendations.

I generally can't stand inidividual-created content because it comes off as narcisstic look-at-me-and-what-I've-accomplished! than it does actual trying to do some good.

Back