Bose A30

mrivc211

Logged into aircraftspruce to buy spark plugs. Saw the new Bose A30 instantly. Realized I have a almost new A20 I don’t use because I fly 10 hours a year, went ahead and proceeded to buy the A30 for no reason. They are spectacular

Attachments

• B4362AF7-0758-4282-AF29-AEF72E44F701.jpeg
    B4362AF7-0758-4282-AF29-AEF72E44F701.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
I still have my Bose X...yes they have duct tape and super glue on them...but they still work (FWIW they were $900 in 2010)

I still have my Bose X...yes they have duct tape and super glue on them...but they still work (FWIW they were $900 in 2010)
I know a guy...

Who has parts to fix the Bose X and he's cheap.

Logged into aircraftspruce to buy spark plugs. Saw the new Bose A30 instantly. Realized I have a almost new A20 I don’t use because I fly 10 hours a year, went ahead and proceeded to buy the A30 for no reason. They are spectacular

I just read a review. The big claim to fame with the A30 over the A20, you can move the boom from the right to left without tools.

They’re advertising less clamping force, which was my biggest gripe with the A20s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know a guy...

Who has parts to fix the Bose X and he's cheap.

I just read a review. The big claim to fame with the A30 over the A20, you can move the boom from the right to left without tools.

So, my QC-25 aftermarket rig kinda bit the dust. So, tried to go with ProFlight2 X - whatever. Right when the trial period was up... they announced these. Anger. Much anger ensued. I figured... they finally listened. Give the Airline guys the headset we've al been asking for. Something for the front and back.

Nope.

My initial review is... meh.

Now I've gotta find some custom ear molds for the proflight XS.

Carrying two pairs of HP's was not the goal here.

I need to figure out of my old bose is a X or a A20... but it needs fixing.

I should also sell all my old headsets on here, I have quite a collection trying to find the right fit.

My friend Par has lots of parts for a Bose X, he bought them from a guy who put X ear cups in helmets and didn't need the other parts. Remember the guy on this forum who crashed his Bo on a golf course? Both Bose X's went through the windshield. I sent him to Par and he fixed both.

Par owns You are being redirected... and has a hangar across from me. (949) 748-8880 he often answers the phone. I own him a favor, tell him Frank sent you.

I’m definitely interested since between work and small planes I swap between left and right seats all the time and QD swap-able mic would make life a lot easier.

Reactions: EIR
Man.....I just bought my A20's maybe 9 months ago. But this is really enticing. Maybe it would be good to have a backup pair? Yes, that's what I'll tell her.... :)

So, my QC-25 aftermarket rig kinda bit the dust. So, tried to go with ProFlight2 X - whatever. Right when the trial period was up... they announced these. Anger. Much anger ensued. I figured... they finally listened. Give the Airline guys the headset we've al been asking for. Something for the front and back.

Nope.

My initial review is... meh.

Now I've gotta find some custom ear molds for the proflight XS.

Carrying two pairs of HP's was not the goal here.

I should also sell all my old headsets on here, I have quite a collection trying to find the right fit.

Man, I HATED the Proflight2s. Really disappointing because I thought they'd be perfect. The ANR wasn't that good, the eartips flat out hurt.

So no change in noise reduction, just less clamping force? Meh. I’ll stick with my CQheadsets.

Man, I HATED the Proflight2s. Really disappointing because I thought they'd be perfect. The ANR wasn't that good, the eartips flat out hurt.

I gotta disagree with you. The ANR on the Proflight 2s is fantastic. The ear tips were fine enough on the Airbus for me to get to 18 and go topless. But I eventually did custom molds and that helped a TON.

They have been my favorite headset to use professionally so far.

I gotta disagree with you. The ANR on the Proflight 2s is fantastic. The ear tips were fine enough on the Airbus for me to get to 18 and go topless. But I eventually did custom molds and that helped a TON.

I expect custom molds might be the way to go with that headset. Perhaps my ANR experience was because the ear tips didn't fit well. I did try multiple sizes trying to get it right.

I recently tried on a pair of A20s for the first time ever, in a single engine piston airplane. They were impressively comfortable and quiet.

I'm trying to figure out a headset/equipment combination that would work for all three of these:

- General aviation airplane
- Airbus
- Deadheading bluetooth connection to laptop/ipad and also connect to the seat-back entertainment system

And...runs off the airplane power and not AA batteries.

I'm guessing such a thing doesn't exist!

Where did you get your custom ear molds. That’s my next ‘headset project’ for my proflight 2?

Last edited:
I recently tried on a pair of A20s for the first time ever, in a single engine piston airplane. They were impressively comfortable and quiet.

I'm trying to figure out a headset/equipment combination that would work for all three of these:

- Airbus
- Deadheading bluetooth connection to laptop/ipad and also connect to the seat-back entertainment system

I am pretty sure there is an A20 version that runs off of aircraft power AND has the airbus connection.
You may need an extra cord to use a 2 prong GA

- Airbus

Pretty sure what you need is on this page but there are several models. I see different options for an Airbus too. Pilot-USA makes the blue tooth, volume, power modules for Bose and Lightspeed so if anyone has it, they do.

EECC4A9E-F2A8-409F-9F76-7BAD277F2560.jpeg

18342BDC-1F62-44FF-808A-563F43567B59.jpeg

- Airbus

It doesn't. The closest thing is a QC-35 with the aftermarket mic rig... the QC-45 would have been perfect, but for the 'side tone'/echo issue. I was really hoping that the new Bose would address all these issues. Nope. (Why was the 45's perfect... USB-C, battery life)

Airbus pilots want what I want. A rig that can be used up front and in the back and doesn't take up space. I'm carrying around 2 headsets now, the proflight and a QC-45 in the proflight case. So annoying. For GA I need to just referb my old X's/A-20's, I have both the 5 pin plug and the 2-plug rig for those. It's my earphones that failed.

Sadly, the only answer is carrying multiple headsets. The Apple AirPod pro's are great for DH's also, but nothing says "leave me alone" while DH'ing like a nice pair of over the ear headphones.

I carry the A20 for the flying and a QC25 (the non blue tooth) for DHs or the occasional commute. Zero complaints, I have a kit that holds both just fine, plus my laptop and iPad.

Back