Yeti Airlines crash ATR 72

Curious as to why the Copilot was hired in 2010 at Yeti and is still a FO? A growing company like that, it sounds doubtful it’s by choice? One would assume that would be a senior CA at that seniority?

Reuter says she was flying with a “training Captain” (whatever that implies, Upgrade? Recurrent like check situation? Previous failure followup)? Maybe just a route requirement? As in a company requirement?

Something tells me that a third world country just maybe doesn't honor seniority like we do.

Kinda freaky. The copilot’s husband died in a plane crash flying for the same airline years ago. She used the life insurance payout to get her own ratings, and then she ends up dying in another plane crash for the same airline.

My first flight instructor's father was a flight school owner who died in a plane crash. She then went on to get her licenses and become a CFI to honor her dad. Then she was in an airplane crash about a decade later and died.

Something tells me that a third world country just maybe doesn't honor seniority like we do.

I suppose it's possible they don't allow women to upgrade either.

Hell, we did that here for many years. Couldn't even sling gear without a degree at any major airline for a long time.

Even nowadays, isn't it pretty rare to get hired at a major without a degree?

I flew on the reverse of this route with Yeti back in 2017. It was honestly a really strange feeling, definitely aware of the fact that for the next hour my life was significantly more at risk than it otherwise is, but the aviation nerd in me more so just over the moon excited to get to do something like that.

Flight was of course uneventful, but I remember being really impressed with the FAs. Professional, seemingly well-trained, and more attentive than I had ever seen. Multiple rounds of snacks and drinks (this is an hour-long domestic ATR flight) as well as a bowl of cotton to pick pieces off of and use as air plugs, I thought that was pretty neat. Blew my FlyDubai DXB-KTM flight out of the water.

Just sad all around, really incredible people living in that part of the world.

Donald Trump has entered the chat.

Like him or not, Trump is way smarter than most people give him credit for, though the fact that he lost reelection during a Pandemic that most incumbents benefited from electorally shows his intelligence has its limits. But I think Jared Kushner is an excellent example of someone with an ivy league education but limited intelligence.

Like him or not, Trump is way smarter than most people give him credit for, though the fact that he lost reelection during a Pandemic that most incumbents benefited from electorally shows his intelligence has its limits. But I think Jared Kushner is an excellent example of someone with an ivy league education but limited intelligence.

You know that Donald's father paid those institutions off right, to get his degrees...

Also, if he was so smart, why'd he threatened the schools with legal action, if they released his grades?

Clever yes. Whitty maybe.
You know that Donald's father paid those institutions off right, to get his degrees...

And every business that Donald has spearheaded has failed. The only surviving entity is the one he has inherited.

Jared has at least 30 IQ points on Trump. You’re delusional.

Jared has at least 30 IQ points on Trump. You’re delusional.

You may be right- I could be mistaking Trumps political instincts, which I think were better than those of most Republican Presidential candidates in 2016, for overall intelligence.

Also, if he was so smart, why'd he threatened the schools with legal action, if they released his grades?

He's smart, just not smart enough to get into an ivy league university without being a legacy admit- but few people are that smart.

People always think politicians they don't like are stupid but they're usually wrong.

Back