United AIP

Here's an interesting opinion in part on it from the WSJ,

"Generous as the offer may seem, the pay increase isn’t all that much higher than the consumer-price index, which last month increased 8.6% over the last year. After inflation, the 14.5% raise amounts to about a 1.6% increase over 18 months. For pilots who live in Sun Belt areas where inflation is running hotter than 10%, such as Phoenix, it’s a decline in real wages if inflation stays this hot through the next year."

Damn looks like 3rd year pay for FO is the top of the AS payscale for FO on the same equipment. I know it aint all about the pay but sheesh.
That scale is just raise #1. There’s a 2023 and a NLT 2024 pay scale as well.

That said, this TA isn’t exactly impressing… well, anyone, so far. The vote results might be interesting.

Here's an interesting opinion in part on it from the WSJ,

"Generous as the offer may seem, the pay increase isn’t all that much higher than the consumer-price index, which last month increased 8.6% over the last year. After inflation, the 14.5% raise amounts to about a 1.6% increase over 18 months. For pilots who live in Sun Belt areas where inflation is running hotter than 10%, such as Phoenix, it’s a decline in real wages if inflation stays this hot through the next year."

Surprising to see that come from the WSJ, as they clearly don’t understand how the CPI works in relation to high income earners.

Surprising to see that come from the WSJ, as they clearly don’t understand how the CPI works in relation to high income earners.
WSJ be like
5E4C0D58-9937-4A87-89A7-7AF71CED718A.gif

Looks like it’s on par with Alaska ALPA’s proposed rates from the other thread.

I guess one is a proposal and the other is actually something that pilots will vote on. I doubt we will see a TA at AS for years.

Again. All that being said I hear the work rules and other issues in the UAL TA aren't super great.

Back