AA Hiring Aug 2021

Anyone know if there is a certain amount of people got a call for the pool or everyone who got an interview but not selected will be in the pool.

Is this in addition to the February class or are they simply moving the February class to April?

as of now AA has funding for Dec and February classes, those offers have gone out, with emails for people to accept or deny a week or two ago.

multiple people I know have gotten phone calls from AA, with my understanding they are in the pool and would be in an April class if AA can secure the funding.

it would be a smaller classand not the full 30 that we saw for the Dec and Feb, and seems the pool/April candidates have been notified already.

Anyone know if there is a certain amount of people got a call for the pool or everyone who got an interview but not selected will be in the pool.

Before testing/interviews they said it would be 3 groups. TBNT would get emails, Pool/Offers would Get calls.

If you haven’t gotten a call yet, I would say chances are unlikely since Dec/Feb calls went out 2 weeks ago with offers as well.Pool/April(?) calls went out a last week.

as of now AA has funding for Dec and February classes, those offers have gone out, with emails for people to accept or deny a week or two ago.

multiple people I know have gotten phone calls from AA, with my understanding they are in the pool and would be in an April class if AA can secure the funding.

it would be a smaller class and not the full 30 that we saw for the Dec and Feb, and seems the pool/April candidates have been notified already.

I suspect OJT logistics are going to come into play with an April class. I wouldnt be at all surprised to see the February classroom training stretched out a few months to allow a majority of the December class to complete OJT and then bring in a third class maybe in May or June as the February starts OJT.

I suspect OJT logistics are going to come into play with an April class. I wouldnt be at all surprised to see the February classroom training stretched out a few months to allow a majority of the December class to complete OJT and then bring in a third class maybe in May or June as the February starts OJT.

When you say February class may be stretched out would this imply being in classroom an added month or so?

I could be wrong but think they did this with the classes hired directly before Covid. They slowly moved people from 2nd class right before Covid out onto the floor as people in first class were signed off?

also isn’t seniority based off hire date and not comp date, or am I missing something?

Seniority is date of hire into Dispatch.
What I understand is that everyone in the December class has previous experience.

I had over ten years of experience when I made it to a major. For those that make it sooner - great! If you're happy where you are at now and don't want to leave - also great! For those who haven't made it yet and do want to move up - keep trying and don't give up.

I dipped when I found out I was in the non-favorable list. Got passed over many times without a simple reason, until we got ahold of the "favorable" list.

Seniority is date of hire into Dispatch.
What I understand is that everyone in the December class has previous experience.

will some type of official letters be sent out to those who got offers and accepted saying when/where to show up etc? I assume it would but information has been limited to the 20 or so people I know who have gotten offered

What's the favorable list?

favorable lists I’m assuming is something that AA gets from its owned regional, like a preferred list of people ready to move up.

also, likely a list of people who have been in the pool previously among people who get direct references.

I've heard some people have already been called about an April class? Anyone here been called yet?

April class would be if the finance people give thumbs up, April class would be anyone who is in pool

AA Dispatch wants the class and I would assume push for it when wave of retirements come in for people to start on flight keys

April class would be if the finance people give thumbs up, April class would be anyone who is in pool

AA Dispatch wants the class and I would assume push for it when wave of retirements come in for people to start on flight keys
How big of a wave would that be? Would most likely be a massive shift in difficulty , when you go from command line DECS to a UI based flight keys.

How big of a wave would that be? Would most likely be a massive shift in difficulty , when you go from command line DECS to a UI based flight keys.

Who knows how many but they have a large # of Dispatchers who are at retirement or nearing it that have said they aren’t going to be around for new system.

Also, for them going from DECS to FLightKeys will be a slow transition, starting with international then domestic with them doing something like 50/50 for a period of time as well.

The Dec and Feb classes are learning DECS if that matters

I've heard they have approval for 15, but looking to get 20. not sure that would be everyone in the pool.

Back