United Airlines Not Playing Around on Vaccine Mandate

Ok on the separate powers.

Correct me if I am wrong but the other two branches still have no mandates issued for them correct?

either way you slice it is piss poor optics and typical politics in Washington.

Had they wanted more trust in this they should have had mandates for all 3 branches issued at the same time concerning the vaccine mandate. The Capital Hill Physician still hasn't issued one for the legislative branch. Is there any mandate in the Judicial branch?

Ok on the separate powers.

Correct me if I am wrong but the other two branches still have no mandates issued for them correct?

either way you slice it is piss poor optics and typical politics in Washington.

Had they wanted more trust in this they should have had mandates for all 3 branches issued at the same time concerning the vaccine mandate. The Capital Hill Physician still hasn't issued one for the legislative branch. Is there any mandate in the Judicial branch?

The legislative and judicial branches of government are incredibly small compared to the executive when it comes to the number of people employed in them. And honestly? Lawyers and legislative staffers are intelligent people, and they all probably got vaccinated as soon as they possibly could.

And you're still ignoring the separation of powers. Joe Biden isn't God, he can't simply tell the other branches what to do. He can sure as hell recommend, and advocate, but he isn't a king.

Last edited:
The legislative and judicial branches of government are incredibly small compared to the executive when it comes to the number of people employed in them. And honestly? Lawyers and legislative staffers are intelligent people, and they all probably got vaccinated as soon as they possibly could.

And you're still ignoring the separation of powers. Joe Biden isn't God, he can't simply tell the other branches what to do. He can sure as hell recommend, and advocate, but he isn't a king.

Jtrain, that isn't what I am getting at. He could have tried to negotiate that the other branches issue their own mandates for those in that branch. The fact the the other branches aren't following just adds to the division and uncertainty about the general public trusting the vaccine. If it is so great why aren't the other 2 branches following suit with their own mandates to their people? The optics are poor on it to the general public and the circus around it continues.

The virus is here to stay it cannot be eradicated period. The best we can do it get it to an endemic stage. It is here forever just like the flu and corona viruses. We will get heard immunity through people getting and recovering and through the vaccine.

Jtrain, that isn't what I am getting at. He could have tried to negotiate that the other branches issue their own mandates for those in that branch. The fact the the other branches aren't following just adds to the division and uncertainty about the general public trusting the vaccine. If it is so great why aren't the other 2 branches following suit with their own mandates to their people? The optics are poor on it to the general public and the circus around it continues.

The virus is here to stay it cannot be eradicated period. The best we can do it get it to an endemic stage. It is here forever just like the flu and corona viruses. We will get heard immunity through people getting and recovering and through the vaccine.

As you might imagine, I don't really care about the optics, I care about whether what the executive branch is doing is constitutional. I also doubt there's anything this administration could do to make you happy.

Come on. She never openly said she won’t take a vaccine. Her words were something like, if Fauci and medical experts tell me to take a vaccine I will. But if Donald Trump tells me to take it, no.

In a nutshell, she set the precedent up that your President telling you take a vaccine would not be something she complied with.

Just admit it. She DID politicize it. There was no need for it.

And DONT forget. I certainly didn’t. That the 3 way Governor Dem Bro movement (CA, NY, and WA) governors saying they will do their OWN state review with medical experts once the federal (Pres Trump) vaccine is approved, because they didn’t trust Trump. A process which could have delayed the vax availability another 8+ weeks. Even Fauci said this was dangerous, and that the FDA should be trusted in its process of approval.

The Dems in 2020 FULLY politicized the Covid vaccine process/coming about.

Thanks for all these totally unique perspectives and quips. We all haven’t heard enough of this yet from board of education, HoAs, union boards, that guy from 8th grade, etc..

Back